Meet ____ Haddock part 4

"Good morning to you too," Hiccup yawned as he picked up Zara who was screaming at the top of her little lungs.  He bounced her gently, but she was having none of it.  "Yep, you definitely have strong lungs."
    "She's hungry," Astrid mumbled and sat up.  "Give."  He chuckled and placed Zara in her outstretched arms.  "I know baby girl, Daddy just doesn't understand us girls sometimes does he?"
    "You're talking about the man that lives with three beautiful girls," he said defensively.  She pretended not to hear and just focused on feeding Zara.  "I know you heard me, milady.  You're not that stealthy."
    "If you say so," she shrugged.  He just shook his head and stood up.
    "You want breakfast?"
    "Yes please!  I feel like I haven't eaten in forever."  He laughed and went downstairs to make her breakfast.  After all she went through, it was the least he could do.  As he was making breakfast, his mom woke up and came in the room.
    "How's Astrid and my newest granddaughter?" She asked with a proud smile.
    "Both hungry," he replied which made her laugh.
    "When do you want me to go get Zephyr and Nuffink?"
    "How about after Astrid eats breakfast.  I know she's trying to spend as much time with Zara as she can."  Valka nodded and went back to her room to get ready for the day.  He finished making breakfast he took it upstairs to Astrid.  She had just finished changing Zara and she was now sleeping peacefully on her lap.
    "I take it she's fed and happy," he said with a smile.
    "Yep, now it's my turn," she said and reached for the plate of food.  "Can you take her while I eat?"
    "I guess I can hold my beautiful baby girl," he said and carefully picked her up, making sure to not wake her.  "Mom is going to bring the kids over to meet Zara after you eat.  Should they meet her at the same time or one at a time?"  Astrid thought for a minute as she ate.
    "I think Nuffink should meet her first," she decided.  "I want to have extra time to explain to Zephyr that we still love her just as much."  Hiccup nodded, agreeing with her reasons.  Zephyr was definitely their main concern right now, though they would have their turn to worry about Nuffink as the middle child.
    "I think they're going to love her," Astrid said watching Zara sleeping peacefully.
    "I know they will," Hiccup countered.  They enjoyed a few more quiet moments before a soft knock came from the door.  Hiccup gently handed Zara to Astrid and went to open it.
    "There are two very eager children waiting downstairs to meet someone," Valka said, peeking in to see Zara. Hiccup smiled and followed her downstairs.
    "Dad!" Both kids yelled and practically jumped onto him.
    "Hey, we missed you," he said and hugged them both tightly.
    "Did Mommy have the baby?" Nuffink asked eagerly.
    "She did," Hiccup replied, knowing that wasn't the answer they were really interested in.
    "Is it another brother or a sister?" Zephyr asked and he could tell she was a little bit nervous.
    "How about you find out for yourself," he said mischievously but mentally reminding himself to be extra gentle with Zephyr.  "We want you to meet the baby by yourselves.  So Zephyr you'll wait down here with grandma while Nuffink meets the baby, and then it will be your turn."  Zephyr nodded and sat on the couch beside Valka, while Nuffink eagerly followed his dad upstairs.
    "Someone's here to see you," Hiccup said softly so he wouldn't wake up Zara.  Nuffink stared at the little bundle his mom was holding, not quite sure what to expect.
    "Hi Nuff, do you want to meet your baby sister?" Astrid asked and held her arm out for him.  He climbed beside her but was almost afraid to get too close.  It was as if his mom had changed somehow.
    "I have a baby sister?" He stared down at her.
    "Do you want to hold her?" Astrid asked which seemed to shock him even more.
    "I can?"
    "Of course you can, she's your sister," Hiccup said and sat beside him.  "She's going to need you to look out for her."  Astrid carefully placed Zara in his arms and helped him hold her head up.  She opened her eyes and looked up at her brother.
    "Do you think she likes me?"  Hiccup and Astrid smiled at each other and hugged their son.
    "I think she loves you," Hiccup said confidently.  "Do you want to know her name?" Nuffink nodded but still didn't take his eyes off his sister.  "Her name is Zara."
    "Her name matches Zephyr's," Nuffink realized.  "She's going to like that."  He didn't notice his parents exchange a worried glance.  They were really hoping she would.