Don't You Worry Child

This is a modern one shot.  I don't write modern one shots very often, but every once in a while I get the ambition to. Anyways enjoy!

    "That's the last of it,"  Astrid's mom said as she moved in the last piece of baby furniture.
    "Thanks for letting us move in for a while,"  Astrid said and adjusted the baby girl in her arms.
    "You are always welcome here."  Her mom kissed her head and then her granddaughter.  Astrid smiled at her mom as she left the room.  She sat down on the bed and placed the baby in front of her.
    "Welcome home again, Jenalyn,"  she whispered gently.  The two month old squirmed and began to cry a little.  Astrid picked her up and rocked her a little before putting her in her crib.  After making sure she was asleep, Astrid sat back down and finally allowed the tears that had been building up, fall freely.  Last week, Hayden had been called to work in Europe for an unknown amount of time.  It would be at least four months, at the most, a year.  He didn't want to go, but he had to, at least until someone else was trained to take his place.  She stayed in their house for the a little while, but she soon realized that she needed help.  She knew she should be able to take care of her own daughter on her own, lots of women did it, but she was still young and learning how to be a mom.  She and Hayden had gotten married in her senior year of college, and by the following spring, they found out they were going to have a baby.  They were still getting used to being parents, but now, Astrid had to get used to being a single mom for a while.  She heard her phone vibrate next to her and checked to see who it was.  Of course, it was Hayden checking on them.  She had told him, that she was moving back in with her parents for a little while, which made him feel better.  Even if he couldn't be there, she still had someone to help with the baby.  It getting late and after a few minutes, Astrid had fallen asleep.
    At about two in the morning, Jenalyn woke up and began crying.  Astrid groaned, but got out of bed to take care of her.  She changed her diaper and fed her, but she wouldn't stop crying.
    "I know, I miss him too,"  Astrid said and held her baby girl closer.  She hummed quietly, then the words followed.
    "There was a time, when you could look into your father's eyes."  The baby calmed a little and stared at her mom.  "In a happy home, you were a Queen, you had a golden throne.  Those days are gone, but they will come again."  Jenalyn's eyes began to close.  "Don't you worry, don't you worry child.  See Heaven's got a plan for you."  She watched as her daughter's breathing slowed and steadied.  She was finally asleep again.
    "Sleep well baby girl.  Your mommy and daddy love you so much."  Astrid sighed and sat down beside the crib.  "It's going to be just the two of us for a while, but we're going to be okay.  That's a promise."

    So this one shot is based on the song Don't You Worry Child by Swedish House Mafia but I personally prefer the covers by Sam Tsui and Madilyn Bailey so I personally recommend listening to those instead.