Sharing

"I'm coming Zephyr," Astrid said sleepily as she climbed out of bed for the fifth time that night. Zephyr had started teething and the result was a very exhausted Astrid. Normally she would be able to leave her with Valka or her mom, but Zephyr refused to have anyone other than Astrid. This had started to include Hiccup as well which was very out of character for her. She was normally a total daddy's girl but that was not the case currently.
"I know baby, I know it hurts," Astrid said as she picked her up, and rubbed her back gently. She went downstairs to find some ice for her to chew on which seemed to be the only thing that would help. She wouldn't nurse unless her gums were feeling better so they had to keep a lot of ice readily available. Astrid grabbed a small piece of ice and handed it to Zephyr who immediately started chewing on it, or rather gumming it. Astrid sighed and sat down, trying her best to stay awake. Hiccup came downstairs and saw his poor wife looking absolutely exhausted.
"How's she feeling?" He asked and sat down on the couch beside her.
"Not great," Astrid replied with a yawn. "I can tell that she's hungry, but she won't eat unless she's not in pain." He sighed and hugged her, wishing there was something else he could do. Zephyr looked up at them and was not at all happy to see him. She took her free arm and used all her little strength to try to push him away.
"Zephyr, you be nice to daddy," Astrid scolded. She snuggled closer to her mom and Hiccup started to realize what was going on.
"Oh my Thor she's jealous," he said with a laugh.
"Jealous? Of what?"
"She doesn't like that she has to share you right now."
"You're crazy," Astrid said and shook her head.
"Oh really? Watch." He leaned over and kissed her and Zephyr immediately started screaming. Astrid looked down at her and tried her best to keep from smiling. "Was I right or was I right?"
"I guess you were right, but it's only fair that I'm her favorite now since you're her favorite the rest of the time," she replied teasingly.
"I do miss my happy little girl," he said and rubbed her head. She looked over at him, trying to decide if she was going to cry again. "I know, mommy's you're favorite, but daddy still loves you." He kissed her head and smiled at her. She looked between both parents with a confused expression on her face. Then she tentatively reached over to Hiccup.
"Baby stealer," Astrid mumbled, though in all honesty she was relieved. Now they could go back to taking turns who got up with her. She leaned up to kiss him only to have Zephyr try to push her away. "Hey, now you listen hear little Miss sassy. I had him first," she said teasingly and kissed her little nose. This made Zephyr laugh and clap her hands excitedly. "Are you saying you're hungry now?" Zephyr stuck her fingers in her mouth and kept right on smiling.
"That I can't help with," Hiccup said as Astrid took her back again.
"I'm necessary," Astrid teased as Zephyr started eating. As usual, she played with Astrid's hair while she was eating and since she hasn't had time to braid it yet, she was pulling on tangles. "Oh my goodness Zeph, do you have to play with mommy's hair every time you eat?" She completely ignores her and pulled on her hair even harder.
"She's your child," Hiccup laughed and wrapped an arm around his wife.
"Ouch!" She yelped. "Zephyr, no biting. Oh this was so much easier before you had a tooth." Hiccup winced once he figured out what happened.
"I'm suddenly very glad that I'm not the one who has to feed her," he said nervously earning a glare from Astrid.
"You just wait till she starts eating solids and spits in your face," she snapped back.
"If it means less pain for you then I will gladly take spit out baby food." She rolled her eyes at how cheesy he could be at times. But she didn't object when he kissed her. Zephyr made a squealing noise but didn't push either parent away.
"Now what's making her mad?" Astrid groaned, obviously not thrilled that the kiss was cut short.
"I guess she just wants all the attention on her," Hiccup said and kissed her head. She smiled up at him which pretty much confirmed what he just said. "Uh huh I thought so." Zephyr slowly started to fall asleep and they were able to put her back in her bed without waking her up.
"Goodnight Zephyr," Astrid whispered and quietly crept back into their bedroom.
"Next time she wakes up, you get to go check on her," she said as she climbed back in bed and rested against her husband's arm.
"Now how am I supposed to do that if you're going to be all cuddly?" He asked and hugged her tightly against him.
"Figure it out."

Surprise one shot until I post part 2 of Meet ____ Haddock. You guys will hate me for part 2 I guarantee it, also it's not just 2 parts. I hope you're all staying safe and finding lots of fun things to occupy your time. Have a blessed week😀