Sympathy

Enjoy some hiccstrid pregnancy fluff!

    Being general of Berk was hard, but being general while pregnant was ten times harder.  Astrid was three months pregnant and let's just say her symptoms were no joke.  She was sick all day long, but she had to work anyway.  Valka was helping her out as much as possible since she knew all too well what she was going through.
    "I'll take care of everything for the rest of the day."  Valka told her daughter- in- law.  "You've been working hard the past few days and that's not good for you or the baby."
    "I'm fine, Valka."  Astrid said and continued walking.  But she quickly stopped and ran to the nearest bush where she threw up for the fourth time that morning.  She looked up at Valka who smiled triumphantly.  "Yeah, yeah, I'm going."  Valka laughed and watched her go home.
    "You couldn't take it easy on me for a day could you?"  Astrid said and looked down at her stomach.  She walked inside and immediately went up to bed.  She was almost asleep when she heard someone open the door.
    "Astrid, you're going to have some company!"  Valka called upstairs.  Astrid sat up and saw her leading a very grumpy Hiccup into the room.
    "Hiccup, what's wrong?"  She asked and went over to him.
    "Astrid, I'm fine.  Just a little under the weather."  He replied and sat down on their bed.
    "Sure, passing out in the middle of the village is totally fine.  You two really are perfect for each other.  Too stubborn for your own good."  Valka said with a chuckle as she went back downstairs.
    "So what's up?"  Astrid asked and handed him some water.
    "I just don't feel great.  I've been nauseous and have had a headache all day."  He said and rubbed his head.  Astrid broke out in a laugh but quickly stifled it when she saw him wince.  "What's so funny."
    "I love you."  She said and kissed him.  He looked at her, obviously confused.  "Hiccup, you just described exactly what I'm going through.  Gothi said that it's not unusual for the husband to have sympathy pains at some point while his wife is pregnant, and I think it's adorable."
    "It's not adorable, it hurts."
    "Don't complain to me.  I have to go through this for nine months."  He groaned as he lay back and pulled a blanket over his eyes.  "Aw, I get to take care of two babies for a few days."

    So I still really love this one.  Hiccstrid dealing with pregnancy is one of my favorite things to read and write about.  Seriously, suggest some good pregstrid one shots please.