The Bastards; Series

Part Four: Tonight Is The Night I Die

"All these thoughts inside my head be silenced by the bang"

Warnings; Angst, swearing, shooting, violence, fighting

Word Count: 3k

-

You had woken up the next morning in your bed, where you knew for sure you didn't fall asleep the night prior. You had a feeling that Bucky had carried you to your bed after you fell asleep on the couch. Bucky had taken the couch, not knowing that there was a spare bedroom in your apartment. Your suspicions on seeing Bucky for the first time in decades were confirmed, you didn't know how to feel at first. Were you excited? Scared? Overjoyed, even? But you couldn't pinpoint which one you fell into, it was a mix of all three. You left your room and went down to the living room, smiling and trying your best to silence your laughs when you saw that Bucky was laying on the couch, his large frame barely covered by the small blanket you had laid out on the couch.

"Bucky," You shook him to the best of your ability, crouching down beside him. "It's 12 in the afternoon," You told him, laughing when you saw his eyes open and heard him groan.

"Why did you let me sleep this long?" He asked you.

"I don't know what you're talking about, you think I just look like this all the time?" You said, referring to your attire, which consisted of a grey hoodie and a pair of black gym shorts.

"That's a good point," Bucky said, stretching out. "I put you into bed last night,"

"I figured. That is unless my apartment is somehow haunted and I need to do a whole ritual to get rid of it," Bucky laughed as he sat upright, sighing.

"You're keeping yourself out of trouble, right?" Bucky said. You froze, that's right. Bucky didn't know that you were the one who had came and saved them at the hotel, he didn't know you were with Maria and Fury. He didn't know that you had put your life in danger various times, but he didn't need to know.

"Me? In trouble? I'm offended," You lied, smiling at Bucky who nodded.

"Good, I don't need you going around hurting yourself, I just got you back," Bucky said, putting his arm around you. "I love you, Y/N,"

"I love you too, Buck," You assured him. Bucky felt tears come to his eyes, he hadn't heard you say that in decades. He feared to know what you had been put through at HYDRA, whatever torture you endured if you ever told him, would be the new source of his nightmares. "Quick question,"

"Shoot," Bucky said. You had to conceal the smile that was on your face, knowing that if Bucky said yes, it would probably be the highlight of your year, and you had literally just been reunited with your brother.

"Can I cut your hair?"

--

"Your sister did this?" Sam said, pointing to Bucky's head. In all honesty, you hadn't done that bad of a job, it suited him much better than his long hair did. It took you nearly half an hour to cut your brother's hair, it didn't even take you as long to cut your own. He left you after that, leaving you in your apartment. He was outside with Sam, who was holding the shield in his hands after pulling it out from a tree trunk he had tossed it into.

"Yeah, why?" Bucky asked, sounding offended. Sam put his hands up in a defensive gesture.

"It just looks better, I mean, when was the last time you had trim on those damn ends?" Sam asked Bucky, who rolled his eyes and shook his head. "Come on, you can tell me," Sam said.