You Look Happier, You Do {S.Rogers}

--

It was silent, deadly silent. Besides the burst pipes and crumbling remnants of the compound, it would have been completely, and utterly silent. Had it worked? Had Bruce brought everyone back? If so, the remaining members of the Avengers would need them, and need them now. Steve was working with only half a shield, but it was his fight. He had people to bring back, to protect. There was Bucky, Sam, Wanda, and you, his daughter. Were it not for you, Steve might not be the man he is today. He found you in a HYDRA base, trapped in a room and teleporting all over the place and crying in pain. You were young, maybe three or four. But Steve took you away from HYDRA and gave you a place to call home, he was your home. Then the accords came along and fucked everything up. They split up the only family you had ever known, and due to your abilities, you couldn't sign. Well, if you had wanted to, you could have. But you couldn't do that to Steve, it would break your heart. So you had become a fugitive from the law, riding along with Steve, Sam, and Natasha on their travels. But life still wouldn't give you a break. Thanos came, and Thanos conquered. You had tried your best, fuck, didn't everyone? Steve then felt what you did during the accords, he lost part of his family, two major parts.

You were tired and sweaty, and all you wanted was a nap and about seven cans of red bull. But there's no rest for the wicked, is there? Thanos had pummeled you into the ground more times than you cared to count, and you were pretty sure that he knocked out 4 of your teeth. You walked over to Steve, gripping a slash you had received from an outrider during the battle on the field.

"Dad, what happened?" You ask him. Steve turned around to look at you, a defeated look on his face. "We lost, didn't we?" You say, more of a statement than a question. Before Steve could answer, Bucky walked towards the both of you.

"Steve?" He says, his eyes on the sight of his disintegrating arm. Your breath caught in the back of your throat as you watched him turn into dust. You had lost, and you had lost big time. You suddenly felt like you couldn't breathe, and that every cell inside your body was being torn apart and then attempting to stitch themselves back together again. You turned to your dad and the expression on your face mimicked the one on Bucky's moments before he had dusted.

"D-Dad?" You stutter, watching as part of your arm started to disappear. You grunted before stumbling over to Steve and falling into his arms. "Please, Please dad I don't wanna go. I wanna stay with you. Dad-Dad it hurts, why-why does it hurt?" You say through tears. Your eyes were pleading with him to do something, you had never been so terrified.

"It's okay, Y/N, I'll wait for you, I love you," He says, holding back his own tears. You never got the chance to reply. Steve fell straight to his knees after losing the weight of your body, and in all honesty, he couldn't stand. He felt the weight of everything on his shoulders. Sure, Steve had felt loss before, but this wasn't loss, this was grief. And this grief was hitting hard.

Everyone was in awe of the scene in front of them, the gold, sparking rings bringing through armies upon armies of people. But as much as Steve was relieved, he was still looking for you. He was more or less expecting you to be with Bucky, but when he walked through, you weren't there. He didn't think you were there in general. But when he saw a blue flicker coming from beside Bucky, he knew it was you. So naturally, when you appeared through your own abilities, Steve was more than pleased to see you.

You were standing alone, cornered by a group of Thanos' outriders.

"You want it? Come on then, I haven't got all day" You say, unsure if they understood you at first. But when they came running at you, you had the feeling they had understood you well and truly. You had managed to fight a few of them away, but there was one you had somehow missed. It got you from behind and cut your arms, legs and back with its weapon. You used your powers to appear behind it, but it turned around and drove its weapon into your stomach. You froze. Before you could do anything, Bucky shot the outrider, killing it. He caught you before you fell and he ran to Steve, who was barely out of breath. Steve took one look at you and he grimaced.