How Could You? {T.Stark}

--

It's a situation no father ever wants to be put in. His choices are between saving Peter or saving you. You've never been so scared as you are at this moment. You're being held at gunpoint, Peter standing beside you in the same scenario but not handling his fear as well as you are. He's shaking and near tears but you're trying to stay calm for your dad and Peter.

"You have to choose now, Mr. Stark." The guy holding you says, his Russian accent ringing through your ears. You look to your dad pleadingly, you're his daughter. Tears run down Tony's face as his brain conflicts with his heart. You look to Peter, who nods.

"Mr. Stark-"

"Peter" He blurts out. "Give me Peter back" He confirms. You go into shock. The person holding Peter hands him over to your dad and you look your dad in the eyes, the look of betrayal on your face causing Tony's heart to break.

"D-Dad? Daddy?" You say, attempting to get his attention. "Dad! Dad please!" You beg, but he doesn't say anything as he walks away, causing your heart to shatter. He must've always wanted to save Peter, he said it that quickly, so that must be the case. The person holding you appears to be taking great pride in your emotional vulnerability, a widespread grin on his face.

"Poor Miss. Stark, your father ditched his daughter for someone he met less than 3 years ago, what a shame" He says. You find his words making sense. He raised you from the day you were dumped on his doorstep, but the way he acted today made it seem like he had no clue who you were and you're hurting. How could he choose Peter over you? You don't resist when they drag you away, it's better than being out there. They drag you into a room with nothing except a twin size bed and a desk, if memory serves you right, it looks the room you envisioned when you would let Bucky talk to you about his nightmares. You wait till the agents are out of earshot and you let yourself cry.

--

Peter says nothing as Tony walks him outside. Both of them are hurting but Peter didn't understand, how could he? Yeah, the feeling of being saved was nice, but it never lasts for long, but the feeling of your father choosing your best friend over you, must be a feeling that'll stick forever. Peter gets in the quinjet and ignores Tony's attempts to make conversation.

"Why?" Peter asks him. "Why me, she's your daughter Tony," Peter says. Tony can't look Peter in the eyes.

"We'll go back for her with the whole team, she was the one stupid enough to go without enough weapons," Tony says. Peter stands up and scoffs.

"How can you say that? She's your daughter! She made a mistake, we all do Tony" Peter rants.

"Yeah, we all make mistakes, how do you think she got here in the first place?" Tony says. Peter's eyebrows knit together in anger.

"No! You don't get to say that! Time and time again all she tries to do is impress you and you never care, Tony, never! And now she isn't even here to defend herself and this is how you're talking about her?" Peter rants. Tony looks taken aback by Peter's comments, knowing deep down that he's right.

"What do you know about parenting, you're just a kid," Tony says.

"Yeah, I don't know much about parenting, but it doesn't take a degree to sense that you are an asshole, Tony," Peter says, walking to a more sectioned area of the quinjet. Tony pinches the bridge of his nose and groans, knowing that Peter was right in his argument. But even if he does go back to save you, would you accept him as your father?