Shirts, Six packs & Sourwolf

Start from the beginning

'The night we were trapped in the school Scott sent a text to Allison to meet him there.' Stiles says and I realise where he's going with this. 

'So?' 

'So it wasn't Scott.'

'Well can you find out who sent it.'

'No but I think I know someone who can.' 

***

I'm lying on my stomach on Stiles's bed flicking through my chemistry homework that I'm almost done with, Stiles is currently waiting for Danny and making himself food. That boy eats quite a lot, it's a wonder he doesn't get fat, Derek is sitting in a chair next to the bed flicking through a book he found lying around. 

'Who's Frank?' I look up at Derek completely shocked by his sudden question, he on the other hand just keeps scanning through the book on his lap.

'Just a guy from school.' I say trying to shrug off the topic.

'Does he bother you?' Derek asks and I frown not understanding what's going on.

'Uh I guess but nothing I can't handle.' I say shrugging again and involuntarily finding my eyes looking over at Derek who looks up catching my eye.

'See anything you like?' He asks with a smirk and I roll my eyes.

'Nope, just the embodiment of pure annoyingness.' I say.

'Well that's just cold.' He says sarcastically.

'What else did you expect from the ice queen.' I reply with equal sarcasm, Derek looks at me amusedly. 

'You can't be an ice queen.' Derek says and I raise a brow.

'And why not?'

'You don't have white blonde hair.'

'That's ice queen stereotyping! Why can't a ice queen have brown hair?'

'Your not pale enough either.'

'Oh so now we're on the paleism? You've just sunk lower than the titanic Hale.' I say gasping in fake disappointment and horror.

I almost choke on thin air my eyes widening slightly as I was the smallest of smiles glare Derek's lips, this is the first time I've seen him smile. It's small but it's still there, for some reason I felt proud about the fact that I've made him smile. It's then that I realise how completely comfortable it is just talking to him, how easily the two of us roll with each others sarcasm and jokes. It scares me that I felt so proud when I made him smile, the way my stomach always seems fuzzy around him, I even dare say he makes me a little bit nervous and I don't like that. To make matters worse I'm starting to trust him and that's not okay.  Before my thoughts can go any further Stiles and Danny enters the room, Danny smiles at me when he sees me.

'Hello Elena.' He says with smile and I give a small wave.

'How's things Danny?' I ask and he shrugs.

'Good good, how was the chemistry paper for you?'

'Easy except for number eleven.'

'Yeah I struggled with that one too, what was your answer?'

'I got-'

'Hey not that Kt's not cute to watch you two bond over chemistry but can we get back to why you're actually here?' Stiles asks and sends me a glare like telling me to stop stealing his lab partner to which a just flash him an innocent smile and a wink.

'Yeah right.' Danny say turning back to Stiles, for some reason my eyes flicker over to Derek who's seemingly steeling glances at me, I catch his eye and we stare at each other for a few seconds before he averts his eyes back to the book on his lap.