Defusing Fire

(Elena's outfit

(Elena's outfit.)

'Where the hell were you!?!?!?' I flinch as I answer Lana's call.

'Sorry Lana-'

'No sorry won't cover it! You Made me look stupid and poor Tom. How could you do this to me?!'

'Lana let me explain-'

'Explain what!?' 

'Listen just calm down for five seconds and hear my reason.'

'Fine!'

'You remember that guy I liked the one from Canada, Jason?'

'Yeah why?'

'Well his grand parents actually live here in Beacon Hills and well he was visiting them this past weekend and well three days ago he asked for my address I didn't question why and Friday night he showed up at my door step and asked me to go out with him. I'm sorry I should've told you but I was so shocked.' I say hoping she'll buy my lie, there's silence and then Lana squeals from the other end of the line.

'Oh my ghosh Elena!! I'm so happy for you!! You're one hundred percent forgiven. Oh my ghosh!!' Lana starts chatting excitedly asking about the date and for the first time I wonder whether Friday night was a date?

'Well it's late I and tomorrow's school so see you then.' I say before hanging up, I then notice I got a text from an unknown number.

My house ASAP - Pale H

Pale H? Okay one how does Derek know that my nickname for him is Pale Hale? Number two where the hell did he get my number and number three what does he want. I glance down at my shorts and T-shirt that I was about to go sleep in and groan. I quickly pull on a pair of black leggings, trainers and a grey hoodie, leaving my hair in the messy bun it has been in all day. I quickly slip out of the house and drive towards Derek's house, he's standing on the porch waiting for me.

'This better be good Hale.' I say and he rolls his eyes.

'You have insomnia it's not like you were gonna sleep anyway.' I glare at him.

'So why am I here and not in my warm bed?' 

'What you're not just here because you missed me?' Derek asks with a small yet slightly playful smirk.

'I've got a knife in my waist band, wanna see how much I miss?' I ask smirking and he rolls his eyes.

'I need your help.' I raise a brow at Derek.

'The great Derek Hale the I don't trust anyone and I don't need anyone Derek Hale needs my help?' I ask with a raised brow and he rolls his eyes.

'Your insufferable.' He mumbles and I smirk.

'And yet you keep talking to me.' I say.

'So what do you need help with?' I ask and Derek is standing right in front of me now.