Unwanted Plans

(Elena Outfit

(Elena Outfit.)

It was kinda awkward but in a strangely good kinda way as Derek and I just stood there, my promise of us killing the alpha still hanging in the air. I wanted to run away but not because of the slight awkwardness, not because he was shirtless and looked surprisingly hot. No because when we were looking into each others eyes I felt something, something in the pit of my stomach, it was a strange and alien feeling. A feeling that I've never felt before and I don't know what it is.

And I din't like not knowing.

And that's not even the worst part, the worst part is how he looked into my eyes. I've been taught all my life that a persons eyes is the windows into their very should, if you need to know something about someone just look into their eyes because a thousand secrets could be hidden there. Because of this I've spent years learning how to guard my eyes so that when people look into them they only see chocolate brown, no emotions, no secrets, nothing. Derek has a similar guarded look in his eyes but when he looked into me eyes it was like he could see past the barricade and straight into my soul. And I don't like it, it makes me feel slightly vulnerable.

Elena Stark does not feel vulnerable.

I step away from Derek glancing back in the direction of his house before looking back at Derek, trying to decide what to do with the werewolf. After a few seconds of debating I decide that I could have worse ideas and I look up at Derek.

'If you want you can hideout in my house for a while. My father wouldn't mind.' I say and Derek seems shocked by the offer probably because it's the most normal thing he's ever seen me do that doesn't involve insults or sarcasm.

'..sure.' He says frowning slightly and I nod, I start walking back towards my house and after a brief moment of confused hesitation Derek fallows me. I unlock the front door and we walk into the house, I take Derek to the guest bedroom.

'The bathrooms over there, take a shower because you smell like sweat.' I say and Derek rolls his eyes but nods and heads into the bathroom.

 Deciding that I can't spend the rest of the afternoon  with a shirtless Derek because I will not be able to stop myself from staring I drive to the nearest clothes store. I don't know he's size so I just guess and I buy a simple grey t-shirt and when I get back home I find Derek sitting in the living room, he turns around to look at me only to have the grey shirt hit him square in the face. I smirk and Derek rolls his eyes before pulling on the shirt which surprisingly fits just fine.

'Where'd you get the shirt?' He asks.

'Bought it.'

'You went out to buy me a shirt?' He asks raising a brow.

'You can shift into a wolf but me buying a shirt is weird?' 

'Just saying you didn't have to.'

'Your damn right I didn't have to so be grateful Hale.' I say and he raises his hands in mock surrender. I sigh and I remember what my father told me about what to do when having a guest over.

'Want something to drink? Eat?' I ask as I walking towards the kitchen and he fallows me, Derek leans against the wall whilst I walk over to the aboard with the glasses, I turn around looking at him questioningly.

'I'm fine.' He says and I roll my eyes, I fill two glasses with water and hand one to him.

'I said I'm fine.' 

'The word your looking for is Thank You.' I say and he sighs rolling his eyes but he takes the glass from me.

'Thank you.' He says mockingly.

'Your welcome.' I say with an equally mocking tone, we fall into silence and I contemplate whether or not to show him what I've been working on. I place my glass down deciding it couldn't hurt.

'Come with me.' I say and Derek frowns.

'Why?' He asks and I roll my eyes.

'Just come.' I cold almost feel him roll his eyes and I hear him place his glass down before fallowing me, I lead him up the stairs to a room directly next to mine.

 I open the door and I step inside, it's a small room, maybe the smallest one in the entire house. I switch the lights on and I walk to the right end wall looking at my small project. There are pictures a map, articles, everything taped to the wall with a cooler coded strings connecting the things that match with one another. Derek looks at this and frowns slightly.

'What is this?" He asks.

'My investigation board.' I say and I walk closer towards the map of beacon hills.

'If I can find the alpha's motives behind these murders I might be able to track him down.' I explain.

'Who says he has any motives? He could just be killing for the fun.' Derek asks and I shrug.

'Well then his motive is that he's a complete psychopath.' I say and Derek raises a brow at me.

'Says the girl who had a knife at my throat earlier.' 

'Says the guy who thinks chopping off arms are nothing.' 

'I could've died.'

'With two arms.' Derek rolls his eyes and I smirk slightly, my phone rings and I take it from my back pocket placing it to my ear.

'Hey Lana, what's up?' I ask.

'You won't believe what just happened!' Lana squeals and I cringe away from the phone.

'Uh-huh, do tell.' I say.

'Well this guy Zack and I've been talking a lot and there's like a serious connection between us, he asked me out on a date for Friday night!' Lana says excitedly.

'Hey good for you.' I say trying to sound sincere.

'That's not even the best part!'

'No?' I ask not liking the sound in her voice.

'Nope! Zack has a best friend Tom and the two of you're coming on a double date with us Friday!' At this Derek looks over at me with a raised brow, damn I forgot his super hearing. Though you'd probably have heard Lana even without super hearing as she's basically creaming through the phone with excitement.

'I'm sorry what?' I ask not impressed at all.

'No don't you even dare! You're coming on this date with us, we've already reserved seats at the theatre and restaurant.'

'Lana-'

'No! You're coming and that's final.' With that Lana hangs up and I glare at my phone.

'Oh great, just what I wanted.' I mumble sarcastically and Derek looks slightly amused but there was something else, another emotion in his eyes. One I couldn't exactly recognise or place.

'Well I guess a congratulations is in order for your unwanted plans.' He says smirking and I lightly punch his upper arm.

'Shut up before I throw you out pf the window.' I mumble and Derek's smirk only grew but that strange unnameable emotion kept lingering in his eyes.