Cars, Wolves & Hunters

(Elena's outfit

(Elena's outfit.)

I take a sharp turn trying not to flip my car over, I've been in car chases before but usually I'm chasing someone to kill them. Not to rescue them because the words lay low didn't register in their thick headed mind. I listen to the radio that's broadcasting what the police are saying, trying to figure out where the hell Derek is. Apparently he decided to swing by at our high school and now he's on the run, Scott and Stiles are trying to lure the hunters away by driving his car. Whilst I try to find Derek before the hunters or the police do.

 It was kinda uncomfortable because I'm driving my car with a quiver full of arrows on my back and my black metallic bow on my lap. But I didn't want to take to long to reach my weapons with Derek's life on the line. All it takes is one second of me being to slow and he's dead or imprisoned but lets face facts he'll probably be dead.  I know I shouldn't care what happens to him or anyone else that's not family but I can't help but worry about him. I can't help these strange feelings I feel towards him, I can't help but feel but I will try to ignore them.

'Have you found Derek yet?' Stiles asks over my phone that's on speaker.

'Working on it!' I say as I take another sharp turn.

'Well Scott's driving slower than a grandmother so promise to make Lydia come to my funeral?' Stiles asks and I roll my eyes.

'Scott if you kill my cousin I will find you and force wolfsbane brownies down your throat!' I say hitting the brakes and reversing quickly as a hunters SUV starts driving towards me. I quickly turn the car around and drive off at an illegal speed.

'Targets on foot!' I hear over the radio and I roll my eyes, yes I know the target is on foot but where the bloody hell exactly!

'All units suspect is on foot heading into the iron works!' Thank you, I quickly turn around a corner speeding off to the iron works. I see Derek but I also see Mr Argent, I swivel the car jumping out before it can come to a full stop.

I release my first arrow it causes a small explosion to confuse Mr Argent and blind him, I knock my second arrow when Stiles and Scott pulls up. I look over my shoulder at them as they open the passenger door and yell for Derek to get in. For some reason Derek hesitates as he looks at me, we lock eyes for a split second before I refocus on mr Argent.

'Go! Go now!' I yell and there's another seconds hesitation before he runs to the car and they speed off, I release my second arrow and it hits Mr Argent in the shoulder. He'll be paralysed within seconds. I quickly run to my my own car speeding off to my house, relying on the fact that Scoot and Stiles will give me any information they manage to pry out of Derek.

I pull up in the garage and I brace myself, no doubt Mr Argent will tell my father about me shooting him. Then I'm gonna be in trouble for shooting him and my father might take my bow away. Though I might be able to convince him no to take my bow, considering the fact that there's currently a psychotic murderous alpha on the loose. I almost make it to my room when my father calls out my name and I freeze in my tracks, I slowly turn around putting on my best innocent smile as my father walks towards me.

'I'm gonna get a call aren't I?' My father asks and I smile sheepishly.

'Maybe.' I say and he sighs.

'I'm not even gonna ask.' He says shaking his head then a small smile appears on his face.

'Where?' He asks and I know he's asking where did I shoot Mr Argent.

'His shoulder.' I say and my dad chuckles.

'I hate to break it to you but I have a feeling that Chris might be the only Argent we can trust.' My father says seemingly in deep thought.

'Well I've never been very good at trusting.' I say and my father pats my shoulder.

'Get some sleep sweetheart.' He says giving me a smile before disappearing dow the hallway and towards his bedroom.

 I walk into my own room wondering why my father said that Chris is the only one of the Argents we can trust. I flicker the lights on in my room and I raise a brow at a certain leather jacket clad man sitting in my desk chair. I walk over to my bookshelf scanning my finger and pulling back the book the shelf swings open and I place my bow where it should be. After pushing the shelf back I grab a dictionary and throw it at Derek who's still sitting in my desk chair and easily catches the book. Derek looks down at the book then up at me raising a brow.

'Please search the term lay low and read the definition.' I say folding my arms over my chest, dark rolls his eyes getting up he places the dictionary on my desk.

'I almost had the alpha, he was right in front of me.' Derek starts explaining .

'But then the the entire police force just had to show up.' He grumbles and I sigh.

'Yeah sorry about that.' I say and Derek shrugs.

'According to Stiles you had no part to play in making me the most wanted man in the state.' Our eyes meet and I hold his gaze before looking away trying to push down the strange feelings in my stomach.

'Well I need your help to find the alpha and you're a lot more useful to me free than behind bars.' I say trying to shrug it of but mostly trying to convince myself that's the reason I'm trying to help him from ending up in jail.

'So what did you find?' I ask.

'My sister Laura she found two things, a guy named Harris-'

'Our chemistry teacher?' I wonder aloud and Derek nods.

'And this.' He says coming over and showing me some kind of symbol that I'm sure I've seen somewhere.

'Scott claims he's seen this symbol on Allison's necklace and he's going to get it.' Derek says.

'Yeah because his ex girlfriend is going to lend her ex boyfriend a piece of jewellery she like never takes off.' I mumble.

'Anyway I'll see if I can get any information out of Mr Harris.' I say and Derek frowns.

'How are you going to get information out of him?' Derek asks.

'Well I'm his favourite student and other than Jackson the only student he seems to like so he might talk to me.' I say shrugging and Derek nods.

'So all that's left to do is for you to not get captured by the police, yeah?' I say walking to my desk and getting the dictionary replacing I on my bookshelf.

'Aye aye ma'am.' Derek says mockingly and I roll my eyes.

'It's your highness.'I say playing along Derek rolls his eyes walking over to my balcony.

'Hale!' I call out stopping him and he looks back at me.

'Don't get caught.' I say and he nods.

'Stay Safe Stark.' He says before disappearing into the night.