Nail-polish & Hotty

(Elena's outfit

(Elena's outfit.)

'So I found this new party venue, it has like this 1920's vibe which I totally dig. I'm thinking about throwing a costume party you know, maybe a masquerade ball they're always so mysterious.' Lana chats away as we sit in my room, I've managed to convince her to leave my face and hair alone and I sacrificed my nails for it. I have nothing against nail polish I often paint my own nails but Lana likes bright colours and I don't.

'Sound cool.' I say.

'Yeah I know! By the way do you remember that boy Steve?' Lana asks and I frown.

'Steve? What did you pick him up in the 1920's venue?' I ask and she laughs.

'No I he's a senior, totally adorable. He asked me about you, wanted to know whether or not you're available.' Lana says and I shake my head.

'Nope I'm reserved.' I say and Lana sighs momentarily stopping her work on my nails.

'I know you don't like these type of things but could one date really hurt?' She asks and then continues painting my nails.

'What if I told you I met someone?' I asks and the result of that question is a nail polish line across the back of my hand.

'What?! Who?' She asks as she begins cleaning her mess but staring at me like an eager puppy.

'Just a guy, met him whilst I was in Canada.' I say shrugging and Lana tries to suppress and excited squeal. 

'Tell me everything!' She demands.

'Uh well his name is Jason, Jason Moore. He's blonde, blue eyes, slight muscles. Kinda your shy play boy type but all round a nice guy.' I say and none of this was a lie, I know a guy named Jason Moore, he's a year older than us but I have no feelings for him what so ever. I just thought that of I told this to Lana she'll back off on the match making because I'm getting kinda tired of it.

Don't het me wrong Lana's great and she's one of my best friends but if I'm going to find someone who I want to be in a long term relationship with. I want to find him myself and not through being set up by my best friend. So I decided to play the cards of me already interested in someone, yet it couldn't be further from the truth. I've pretty much already made peace with the fact that I'm most likely dying alone.

'Sounds like a total dream boat.' Lana says.

'Lana every guys sounds like a dream boat to you.' I say.

'Hey gotta keep my options open and expectations low. That way I'm not often disappointed.' She says shrugging and I laugh lightly at her. 

'Yeah ok.' I say.

'Oh by the way, killer outfit I love it!' Lana says and I glance down at my outfit (pic above) and shrug.

'Guess it's ok.' I say.

'You should really give yourself more credit, some guys like confident girls. Others like shy and modest ones. Which one is Jason?' Lana asks and I almost ask why we should care what Jason likes before remembering his my supposed crush.

'Uh he's not very picky I guess, kinda like you he keeps his options open.' I say guessing because I have no idea what his type is.

'Oh well still you rock everything you wear girl.' Lana says and I don't know how to respond to that, I've never been good with compliments.

'And....we're done!' Lana says and I finally look down at my nails relieved to see they're not a bright orange or pink. She's painted my nails a smooth black and the very tips of my nails is thinly lined with midnight blue glitter, nothing too flashy but it looks great. I don't really like glitter but theres so little of it on the finger tips that I let it go.

'It looks great.' I say smiling at her.

'Well of course it does.' She says flicking her red hair over her shoulder and then looking at her watch, it's two o'clock in the afternoon.

'Well I should be going home now.' Lana sighs disappointedly as we get up and she gathers her things, the two of us walk to my car and get in. Lana has something against driving s I had to go pick her up I've often wondered how she gets to school but never asked, it seemed to strange.  I have to stop at a red light and we wait for it to turn green.

'Holy Mary's dimples!' Lana says loudly and  frown at her and that's when I notice what or well who she's looking at, there in all is brooding glory is Pale Hale. He's walking out of the small store and towards his black Camaro dressed in all black.

'Hit me over the head and call me Queen Elizabeth but I think I'm looking at god.' Lana says her eyes seeming to want to pop out of her skull as she eyes him basically drooling.

'Hey don't drool on my seats.' I say and she snaps her eyes away from Derek.

'Are you blind Elena? Look at him! He's the very definition of flawless perfection!' She exclaims and I shrug.

'He's pale.' I say not that I have such say in that because I'm quite pale too.

'Of course his pale! Even the sun is too shy to shine in his perfect presence.' I scoff at this, okay I won't deny it Derek is quite attractive and I dare say hot, but that doesn't make me like him. 

The light turns green and I drive glad when I stop in front of Lana's house. We say our greetings before I start driving back to my own house.