fifty four

"well that was quite interesting

"well that was quite interesting." heejin laughed, exiting her messages and sitting up.

"wait stop moving." yeonjun complained, trying to pull her back against the seat so he could continue laying his head on hers.

"you're such a baby. we should go do something fun before i get back to practice," she suggested, taking a sip of her drink as she looked back at a pouting yeonjun.

"well where do you think we should go?" he asked her, taking a sip of his own drink.

"where would you like to go?" she hummed.

"where would you like to go?" he repeated, directed towards heejin.

"i already picked the cafe. it's your turn."

"well, i'm too indecisive to pick somewhere to go. so i'll just suggest places and you pick. yeah?"

"sure. go ahead."

"hm, we have a few places we could hang out. we could go to the arcade, the amusement park, an aquarium. wait-"

"what's wrong?" heejin struck upward, surprised by the way his eyes suddenly changed.

"all of those names start with a."

in a quick second, heejin's hand went from his thigh to the back of his head and back to his thigh.

"i thought something was wrong," she said, eyebrows furrowed.

"and so you smack the back of my head?" he whined, rubbing where she had hit him.

"you scared me. don't do that again." she lectured him before letting her eyes soften and caressing the back of his head, suddenly apologetic for smacking him so hard.

"fine, but i didn't mean to."

heejin softly chuckled at his response. she didn't have anything else to say at the moment, resulting in a sudden silence.

the sounds around them began to fix together in the background as they stared into each other's eyes.

in only moments they both began glancing from their eyes to the lips, back and forth.

neither of them pushed forward though, still fixated on the moment of silence.

but sadly before either of them made a move, the sound of ringing from heejin's phone brought them back to reality.

heejin turned away from yeonjun, picking up her phone after glancing at the contact name.

"hey ning," she answered, unaware of yeonjun's sudden frown.

inside, she felt sadness rain over her. yet, she was unsure if it was her own sadness, yeonjun's, or possibly both?

 yet, she was unsure if it was her own sadness, yeonjun's, or possibly both?

dang huening 😔