thirty eight

"hey, jun?" heejin suddenly asked, backing away from the embrace

"yes?" he replied, grabbing a piece of food and beginning to chew it.

"when you were really little, did you like- go to daycare or anything?" heejin asked, her stomach suddenly betraying her as she thought through the scenario playing in her head.

"yes, i did." he nodded, his attention switching from her to the food and then to the tv in a constant circle.

heejin stopped asking questions, getting a bit worked up as thoughts clouded her mind.

"why are you suddenly nervous? what we're you going to ask?"

"damn, i hate this feelings thing." she sighed, causing yeonjun to smile fondly.

"why? what's wrong?" he asked, finishing his food and setting down his chopsticks, turning his full attention towards her.

"well, nothing really wrong. but do you remember the first thing i ever - accidentally - thought and directed it towards you?"

"yes. you said something like 'we were friends?', i believe."

"yes, i did."

"i remember it happening. i had just pulled into my house and parked my car. suddenly i heard your voice in my hair and got so scared i accidentally honked the horn and woke up my neighbor's dog." he chuckled, causing heejin to do so as well.

"well, i thought that because of something my mother had told me once i came downstairs."

"oh. well, what'd you ask her?"

"that's not important-"

"why are you embarrassed?"

"i'm not-"

"you are."

"not."

"liar."

"i'm not a liar."

"you definitely are."

"you're the lair."

"i didn't even say anything."

"liar."

"heejin, you're still emb-"

"no, i'm not."

"y-"

"no-"

"yes-"

"no-"

"heejin! i know you're embarrassed. now tell me why before i go crazy." he laughed.

"fine, fine. after you left i went downstairs and asked my mom and minsoo about their soulmates. and like what they felt."

"that's not even embarrassing."

"it was for me, okay?"

"yeah, yeah. continue."

"ok, so as i was saying, my mother was talking about how she and my father had gotten together. but then, she shifted her point over to us. and she was like 'you and yeonjun were probably too young to remember' and i was like 'but we only met in middle school'."

"mhm."

"but then she said that we had actually met when we were younger. like in daycare."

"really?" he suddenly perked up.

"yes, and she said we called each other nicknames as well."

"hold on a second. if i'm remembering correctly, i called you-" he paused, thinking.

"angel."

"yes, angel. and you called me-"

"love."

oH 😳😗

oH 😳😗

alright that's the end of the spam updates