31

***

***

Time, something which can never come in our hand, something that slaps the reality on our faces...however much we are powerful we can't take time in our hands. That's time...unruly, unexpected and unmanageable.
At a certain point when one wants time to stop...it would fly fast, like the free bird who has no boundaries and when one wants time to pass fast it would stop, making things more agonizing.

One week had passed to the day Hamid was laid in the soil yet the distress was same...unbearable. The Sultanat had lost a precious gem and the loss was big. For a week they were playing games with the one who had played with them...pretending. Their foe had initiated the battle but now it was the time for a war. The war of destruction...the war of mind, the war of weapons.

“We are honored to have you here, gentlemen.” Sultan's voice echoed in the room. The room where future was to get decided, the agonizing future of the rivals. It was a meeting of the Mafia gangs, the biggest ones. The sultant had asked some of the most powerful Mafias for a meeting, and they agreed, why won't they... Sultanat was always in acquaintance of them. Mafia's from all over the world...the one people feared, they were nightmares.

“Mr Sultan, we have got your support and it's our responsibility to support you.” One of them spoke with a heavy accent...somewhat Italian. Nodding at him Sultan gave them all a formal smile.

“Eagles, I guess you all know about them?” Sultan spoke after a brief pause. A mixture of answers were heard, some said yes...some no, some didn't want to know.  The meeting further proceeded. In the darkest hours of night, beneath the hidden moon the in the underground Base the Mafias, the gangsters and the nightmares discussed the end of the Eagles, their destruction...might sound cruel, but then they were mafia. Cruel and Mafia are synonymous.

“How about a war? Fire to fire...face to face.” That was the voice which was heard for the first time, the one that belonged to a rebel, an assassin king Zoheb Omar Mallik. Every head snapped. Towards the king of the dark world and an appreciating yet surprised look formed on their faces. The young man wasn't unknown to them, he was one of the best...the best acquaintance to look for help.

“Won't that be destructive to us?” The man with a tattoo on his forehead spoke in Mexican accent.

“The Eagles are all bark and no bite… They aren't as potent as they show.” Zoheb spoke making Mubashir nod and add more in his friends support.

“We all know their black works, all they do is act as dogs.” Looks were exchanged among them and after a brief pause one of them spoke.

“ Eagles and Sultanat have some personal rivalry, but we aren't here for handling that. We are here to end the shits these gangs like Eagles create. There are some more who support those fuckers and we need to end those all. It's time to throw the worm to its place.”

“I agree...so let's work on Zoheb's suggestion...fire to fire.” Another one spoke and after some more discussion they all decided the plan of action and so the meeting ended.

“Thank you so much Zoheb for coming on such a short notice.” Mubashir said after everyone left. Him, Zoheb and some of the gang members were present in the room arranging things.

“I had to, Sultan had helped me when no one did and it was my turn to return the favor.” Zoheb spoke shaking hands with Mubashir.

“Are you returning?” Mubashir asked.

“No...not until everything settles down, and I too have some work here.” Zoheb said walking beside him towards their luxurious cars.

“Thanks once again.” Saying so Mubashir entered in his car followed by others.

______________

What are tears? Drops of water with salt...or more than it? Probably lot more than just slaty water. It's feeling, the demonstration of emotions being it joy or pain...being it anger or disdain. People call tears the portrayal of weakness yet when asked not to cry in pain, they fail because tears are inevitable...they would come however much you stop them.

Mubashir Khan wanted to cry...the broken strings of his heart, the unbearable pain was making his heart crave for tears. The tears that would ease the pain of losing something precious, the tears that would let his bleeding heart at ease...but how? How should he cry? Silently or loudly, and who would wipe his tears? His mother had cried, his father had shown remorse, Bilal had cried like never before but him? When will he cry.

Lost in his reverie he entered the house. Night had done its work in creating darkness all around...maybe inside him too. His shoes clicked on the marble floor as he walked his way to his room. A little hope that someone would be there to welcome him...ease his pain and little did he know there was someone.

Entering the dark room he switched on the lights only to find no one. A frown formed on his face as he scanned the empty room. He turned around and then only came face to face with the person he desired to see. Her face held a small frown and eyes a different emotion. A bottle of water was in her hand as she entered and kept it on the side table.

“How was the meeting?” Her soft voice snapped him out of his musings.

“All in our favor, let's talk later.” He replied making her nod at him. She started moving towards the bed when his strong hand gripped her wrist making her halt in her steps. Turning towards him she raised an eyebrow as if asking his intentions. He didn't reply, just pulled her to himself resulting her small fall on his chest.

It took her some time to register what had happened but when she did she relaxed and wrapped her hand around his shoulder. He heaved a long sigh as his hands found their way to her soft hair, gripping it softly. What felt like eternity was few seconds and he parted. Looking deep in her eyes he removed his leather jacket. The gray tee clung to his physique. Holding her hand he led her to the bed, settling beside her he wrapped his hands around her waist in a way that his head rested on her chest as they sat close to each other.

And then, they flowed...the tears. They flowed like the prennial water...without any stop without ,any restrictions. Her heart clenched as his tears soaked her shirt ...his low sobs felt like a cursed music to her ears. It was too much to witness, seeing her hope crumbling...her hope who was him.

She pulled apart from him making him look up with teary eyes. A sad smile formes on her lips. She got up only to settle on his lap with her legs on either side of him. Taking his face on her hand she gently placed a kiss on his forehead, then his eyes. His eyes held a hundred of emotions and this time, all of it understood by her.

The tears hadn't stopped, and he didn't want them to, he just wanted her to hold him, so he wrapped his arms around her waist. Pulling her more to himself, he laid his head on her chest, hearing her soothing heart beats while her body molded into his form as if meant for this. The night did it's work...creating darkness but his light stayed near him...his light who was her.

“You won't leave me, right?” His heavy voice made her eyes open. Their position still intact, her head still rested on his head and his hands around her. Taking a small breath in she spoke,

“I had promised, I won't.” The serenity of her words were something he was craving for, or more than that the assurance.

She won't leave him.

_________

Assalamoalaikum everyone.

Please vote and comment and stay safe and healthy