30

***

***

Two weeks....fourteen days, just fourteen days and these were the days he had spent with his mother. Compensating for the twenty years longing...the painful twenty years when he would crave for his mother's love. Two weeks wasn't something in front of twenty years yet it felt like he got what he was desiring for. His mother was going to get disharged, and he was relieved that her conditions were improving.

He had a lot of works, so he decided he will complete it as fast as he could as Rabiya was going to get discharged in the evening. His head was throbbing with pain when his work ended. He sighed and slumped in his chair. His gaze went up towards the wall clock which showed the time as fifteen past 4. Running hand through his hair he sighed and got up. He took out his phone to inform his mother but cursed under his breath seeing the discharged black screen.

A small smile was playing on his lips as he took long strides towards her mother's hospital room. He was about to enter the room when his steps halted hearing a laugh. His hands that were clutching the knob fell down, and he stood still, listening to the harsh reality.

“Yeah you are right, by the way is that shit Hamid dead?” Rabiya asked with a disgusted look on her face.

“I guess yes, the men said he was shot six times and that Ali who was behind me too. How foolish of them, they thought I won't know that he was following me.” Ibrahim's voice was enough for his mind to understand what they were talking about, and he felt as if the ground beneath his legs slipped. They were traitors...his mother was a traitor.

“Now the second step is done...it's time for the third one.” Ibrahim spoke with a hint of laugh and evilness in his voice. The only thing that was rotating in Sahir's mind was something he didn't want to accept. His mother had deceived him...he was fooled by her. He fell for her trap, he was such a fool.

“Yes, my most favorite one...clash between the children of Sultan...that shit, he is so blind that he didn't even have a second thought before believing me. The poor child...has to pay now.” He took few steps back...his eyes staring into space, his body almost numb while the words exchanged between the other two reverberated in his ears. His steps halted when his back bumped into the wall of the white hallway. The sudden realization was more of a reality of which he was unaware of...or more was shielded from.

Looking here and there he hurriedly wiped the slipping tears and turned towards the way he came from. His steps didn't stop...he let them run, in an unknown direction...away from the grim truth. Why was he such a fool?...his father had cleared that his mother had destroyed their lives...but he was a fool to not hear, his sister had warned him not to trust anyone...but he was a fool. A fool that fell for a disgusting person.

His Revere was broken by a honk of car. It was a car, he was about to get hit. The person driving instantly stepped down and came towards him in hurried steps. His eyes widen in surprise seeing the person in front of him.