10

Ty gave Lo a week to calm down. He was convinced that she was just scared of the intensity of her emotions and needed time to come to terms with them. It was the first time she had actually been in a serious relationship but he wasn't about to let her go that easily.

No fucking way. He was prepared to fight tooth and nail for her to be back at his side.

What he wasn't prepared for, however, was the huge FOR SALE sign outside her house when he got there. He was confused as fuck as a quick look in the windows showed that none of her stuff was in the house; all her furniture was gone.

Ty knew Lo would never sell her house willingly. It had belonged to her mother and had been left behind for her after her mothers death when Lo was about 15. She had never known her father who had died when she was a baby. It was one of the few things that Lo used to feel close to her late mother as her mom had been the one to build and furnish the house herself.

Shaking his head, Ty made a quick call to the realtor on the FOR SALE sign and drove to Pam's Place.

He and Lo had frequented Pam's Place every Friday to buy Pam's special brownies and he had come to pick Lo up and drop her off there several times. The smells of the bistro and the environment in general were now familiar and comforting to him.

But not today. Today, his stomach was a tight ball of tension and fear. There were so many questions in his head and he couldn't wait to spew them all out.

He went straight into the back and found Yaz lounging in Pam's office. The owner, however, was nowhere to be found. At that moment, Ty couldn't care less.

"I was wondering when you'd show up," Yaz said when she saw him. There was a look in her eyes that made Ty suspect she knew what had happened between he and Lo.

"Yaz," he greeted, forcing a smile, "its good to see you. How was Paris?"

Yaz shrugged, "The usual."

She had been in Paris for the last three months participating in a gymnastics competition which Ty had seen on the news that she had won (as usual). He didn't know when she had gotten back but right now, she was looking at him inquisitively.

"When are you going to start groveling to know where Lo is?" she asked, "My feet need licking, yunno."

Despite himself, Ty chuckled, "Please, please and please, o mighty Yaz. Show me my beloved."

Yaz rolled her eyes, "I'm only going to tell you because my friend is a dumbass that I'm fucking tired of and you manage to successfully get her off my hands."

Ty nodded and waited for the answer.

"Upstairs."

Ty looked at the ceiling, "What?"

"She's not hanging on the ceiling like SpiderGirl, you dumbass," Yaz chided, "she's renting the studio apartment upstairs from Pam."

"Why on earth would she do that?" Ty asked, bewildered.

At that question, Yaz looked away from Ty and shrugged.

He knew Yaz shipped he and Lo together fully, but there were somethings she would never tell him unless she knew Lo would want him to know. He understood that whatever this was, he would have to get Lo to tell him herself.