A Sock For Freedom

HORRAY, I've never posted twice in a day before. Well, twice in 24 hours. 

I made a cake. ~Maddie

.......... Reader's Point of View ..........

   "Okay, but what if Hermione can actually hear us? Can she hear us? If I were to talk directly at her face, would her ears pick up on it? Heyyy, Hermione, what's it like being a statue?" I slurred from the bed I was laying on. That potion thingy was really... strange. 

   "HAVE I BEEN POISONED?!" I yelled, accidentally louder than I wanted to. 

   "No, Ms (y/n)." Madam Pomfrey sighed, clearly annoyed. She bustled around, tending to other people. "Go back to sleep."

   "Right-o!" I shouted before promptly passing out again. 

.......... Harry's Point of View ..........

   Of course, when I think about one Malfoy, the Senior Malfoy has to show up like he owns the place. Disgusting. 

   That's when my eye caught a small figure peeking behind Lushiz Malfoy. It was looking nervously from its master to Dumbledore and was wearing a familiar pillowcase...

   "Dobby...? So this is your master! The family you serve is the Malfoys!" 

   Dobby winced when I recognized him, looking up fearfully at Malfoy #2. Malfoy muttered out something along the lines of: "I will deal with you later."

   I actually feel really bad now; maybe I should've pretended I didn't know Dobby? He risked his life (probably) to warn me about the snake. I should've kept it a secret... And Lushiz Malfoy is a terrible person. Dobby ironed his hands because of him?? Dobby's being abused! That's not right at all! 

   In a way... it sort of reminds me of myself a bit. Not at much of the physical bit, but I know that when I was younger, I would've given anything to have an escape like Hogwarts. Sometimes I wonder if I'm in a dream and that I'll wake up to Aunt Petunia yelling at me, telling me to get breakfast ready. 

   Sometimes it does seem a little too good to be true... 

   Okay, screw Malfoy. I'm gonna save Dobby. How, though? Wait- didn't Dobby say that if he were to be given clothing, he would be freed?

   I was broken from thoughts when I realised Mr Malfoy had strutted up to Dumbledore's desk, Dobby following behind him, and he had used his fancy cane thing to push me out of his way. I took a deep breath to resist smacking him. How rude can he possibly get?

   "So, it's true; you have returned." Malfoy Sr began.

   "When the governors learned that Arthur Weasley's daughter was taken into the chamber, they saw fit to summon me back." Dumbledore gave Malfoy Sr a knowing look as he turned his head away in anger.

   It was a really strange sort of reaction, actually. Why would he be that angry? I mean, I get that he doesn't like Dumbledore, but why this much? 

   "Curiously," Dumbledore said, not waiting for Malfoy Sr's reply, "Several of them were under the impression that you would curse their families if they didn't agree to suspend me in the first place." 

   "How dare you," Malfoy Sr growled, but he seemed just a little panicked. 

   So Malfoy Sr had been planning on getting Dumbledore out of the picture all along. But he could've used that threat before now, so... the question is, why did he decide to suspend Dumbledore now? Surely, if he really disliked him, then he could've been rid of him before his son came to Hogwarts.