To Be A True Gryffindor

Omg we're almost done... This is so weird. But yay, Lupin next year! (Updating? Sorry, who's that pff-) ~Maddie

.......... Reader's Point of View ..........

   I groaned. God, what time is it? WAIT. 

   I tried to shoot up and get ready for school, but I just... couldn't. I fell back onto the bed. 

   Bleh. 

   And then I remembered what happened and I groaned louder: "Stupid RIDDLE and his long freaking LEGS." 

   "Ms (y/n)?" Madam Pomfrey came over inspected me for a second before sighing and shoving something into my hands.

   "What did he do t' me?" I mumbled, drinking whatever foul potion she'd given me. NO, ABORT MISSION. ABORT MISSION. WHY DOES IT TASTE LIKE VOMIT, ONLY WORSE?

   "Some sort of dark spell. Not permanent, though. You'll be fine by the end of the year feast. Everyone will be."

   "Hermione?"

   "She'll be fine, too."

   "THANK GOD. She's the only sane person in this school, I swear." 

   Wait, where's Harry?

   "Mr Potter is in Dumbledore's office, likely being given some sort of 'Dumbledore scolding' and then one hundred house points."

   Madam Pomfrey can obviously read minds. Either that, or she saw me whipping my head around searching for "someone". 

   "... Yeah, okay, that sounds about right."

.......... Harry's Point of View ..........

   "You both realise, of course, that in the past few hours, you have broken perhaps a dozen school rules?" Dumbledore said. I looked over at Ron and he looked a little guilty, muttering out a "Yes, sir".

   To be honest, I didn't feel guilty at all. I saved Ginny's life. At least I didn't murder someone... Only the basilisk.

   "There is sufficient evidence to have the both of you expelled!" 

   OKAY, THAT'S NOT FUNNY, DUMBLEDORE. I muttered the "Yes, sir" this time.

   "Therefore," Dumbledore paused (probably for dramatic effect; he likes freaking people out, I think), "It is only fitting that you both receive special awards for services to the school."

   Dumbledore's eye twinkled just a bit. I internally sighed in relief, but it's not like I totally believed that he might expel me, pff, no. 

   But special awards? That's new. 

   Ron looked over at me in shock before breathing out, "Thanks!" 

   "And now, Mr Weasley, if you would have an owl deliver these release papers to Azkaban. I believe we want our gamekeeper back."

   HAGRID! YESSSS-

   ... Hang on... Dumbledore, you did that on purpose to get rid of Ron.

   "Harry," Dumbledore said, turning back over to me as Ron opened the door and walked out. Dumbledore continued: "First, I want to thank you, Harry."

   For killing Voldemort 2.0? You're welcome, all in a day's work, sir, my mind instantly said and I restrained myself from smacked my forehead.

   "You must have shown me great loyalty down in the Chamber. Nothing but that could've called Fawkes to you." 

   My head whipped around toward Fawkes and my mind just goes: OH. OH, THAT'S WHY FAWKES APPEARED OUT OF NOWHERE. Is Fawkes like one of those fan people that can immediately sense when you're talking bad about their favourite character, except the opposite? 

   Oh, god. (y/n) is rubbing off on me. 

   "And, second, I sense that something is troubling you. Am I right?" 

   That's creepy. But then again, he's Dumbledore. He just innately knows things. 

   "It's just... you see, I couldn't help but notice that... there are certain things- certain similarities between... Tom Riddle and me." 

   Seriously, I'm not evil, right? (I mean, aren't we all, just a bit? But, not VOLDEMORT evil, right? Right?)

   All my life plans would be ruined if I was destined to become Voldemort's successor or something. Actually, I don't have any plans whatsoever, but... no one cares about that... Haha... 

   "Well, you can speak Parseltongue, Harry, why? Because Lord Voldemort can speak Parseltongue."

   OH MY GOD, PLEASE DON'T TELL ME I'M ACTUALLY THE BIOLOGICAL CHILD OF VOLDEMORT AND I WAS JUST ADOPTED... TWICE. 

   "If I'm not mistaken, Harry, he transferred some of his powers to you the night he gave you that scar." 

   "Voldemort transferred some of his powers... to me?"

   I'm not sure if that exactly makes me feel better. Does that make me evil? Do I have natural dark magic inside me? ... Where does it live? Everywhere? 

   ... Is that why my eyesight is so bad? Does dark magic do that to you? I wish Defence Against the Dark Arts wasn't such a joke because I really need help right now. 

   "Not intentionally," Dumbledore moved and went to sit back behind his desk again. "But yes."

   "So the Sorting Hat was right? I should be in Slytherin?"

   My life is falling apart, but when is it not? I CAN'T BE IN THE SAME HOUSE AS MALFOY, THOUGH, HE'S A GIT. 

   "It's true, Harry; you possess many of the qualities that Voldemort himself prizes: determination, resourcefulness, and, if I may say so, a certain disregard for the rules. Why, then, did the Sorting Hat place you in Gryffindor?"

   I REALLY DON'T KNOW DUMBL- oh. Oh, wait.

   "Because I asked it to," I muttered, feeling slightly stupid for not realising it sooner. 

   "Exactly, Harry, exactly, which makes you different from Voldemort. It is not our abilities that show what we're truly are. It is our choices."

   That's some real philosophy right there. I totally believe you, Dumbledore. I'm ABSOLUTELY not like Voldemort at all.

   I wonder if that's what he said on homework assignments when he was younger. (It's sort of weird to imagine Dumbledore as a younger person, though. He's very... old and beardy.) Say it was a DADA assignment about gytrashes or something. Would he be like "brevity is the soul of the wit"?

   Focus, Harry.

   "If you want proof that you are a Gryffindor, then I suggest you look more closely at this," Dumbledore said, picking up the Sword of Gryffindor, which had been lying on his desk, still covered in basilisk blood. 

   Stupidly, I grabbed the sharp part of the sword when he handed it to me and I tried to hide my wince as it cut into my skin. Too late now; I held the sword by the sharp part in my left hand, tilting it up so I could look closer at the handle. There was a name inscribed: Godric Gryffindor

   Godric Gryffindor approves of me!?!

   "It would take a true Gryffindor to pull that out of the Hat."

   And we all know what that means.

   I'm better than Malfoy. I get a SWORD. 

(A/N) - I THOUGHT I POSTED THIS LAST WEEK, I'M SO SORRY FOR MAKING YOU WAIT... There's another chapter coming out very soon, so look out for that, too! ~Maddie