Harry's Potion Book

Okay, I'm making a small announcement. So, I'm a Hetalia fan (idk if you remember but eh) and I've asked to do a sequel for a USUK story, and that mostly why these have been so delayed lately (and also... things). If you want, you can go check that out! You actually don't need to know exactly what Hetalia is in order to read it, and the first part of it is by Fire Bear1 on Fanfiction.net. Please go check it out! That's all I wanted to say, so proceed :D (sorry I'm taking forever though lol) ~Maddie

.......... Reader's Point of View ..........

   The next morning, me, Harry, and Ron were at the Great Hall, staring at each other for a few minutes until I looked at Harry and he looked at me, and we started quietly whispering to Ron about what happened. 

   If you can't tell, we can't keep secrets to ourselves. Well, unless... nevermind. 

   "No. It's not Hagrid." Ron said quietly. 

   "We should find out?" I said... asked.

   "Tonight? Invisibility cloak?" Harry asked and we all nodded.

   "Alright, I'm gonna go pay a visit to Hermione before heading to class," I said, standing up and walking away. 

.......... Harry's Point of View ..........

   "Hey, you wanna walk to class together or...?" Ron asked, and I was silent for a moment. 

   "Sorry, Ron. I have to go to the library; I think I left my potions textbook in there this morning." I said.

   "Alright, see you in class," Ron said before walking off. I sat there for a few minutes myself before heading toward the library.

   Once I got there, I tried to remember which section of the library I had left it in... Unfortunately, there were a lot of sections and I think it's another fifteen minutes until class starts. I searched frantically, hoping it wasn't gone or missing, until I heard the soft whispers of several different voices. When I heard my name amongst the talking, I couldn't help but eavesdrop a little bit...

(a/n - after this, I do use the book's dialogue in the library, if anyone notices)

   "So anyway, I told Justin to hide up in our dormitory. I mean to say, if Potter's marked him down as his next victim, it's best if he keeps a low profile for a while. Of course, Justin's been waiting for something like this to happen ever since he let slip to Potter he was Muggle-born. Justin actually told him he'd been down for Eton. That's not the kind of thing you bandy about with Slytherin's heir on the loose is it?" a boy muttered to the group. I peeked between the books to get a closer look. I think I vaguely remember this boy. He was friends with Justin, wasn't he? I don't know.

   "You definitely think it is Potter, then, Ernie?" a feminine voice whispered.

   "Hannah, he's a Parselmouth. Everyone knows that's the mark of a Dark wizard. Have you ever heard of a decent one who could talk to snakes? They called Slytherin himself Serpent-tongue."

   "He always seems so nice, though..." Hannah whispered, unsure. I felt sort of happy that at least she thinks I'm a good person? I don't know, listening to this conversation has sort of... killed whatever 'joy' I had before I heard it. I mean (y/n)... nevermind. "and he's the one who made You-Know-Who disappear. He can't be all bad, can he?"

   "But that's just the thing. I have a theory that the Dark Lord thought of him as competition... like, a more powerful dark wizard that he should get rid of. But even as a baby, Potter still won. That must mean he has some sort of dark magic in him." Ernie whispered.

   I couldn't take it anymore. I walked up to them and the group looked terrified they had been talking about me.

   I mean I know I'm handsome and all but when you stare at me like that...

   Okay, you get what I mean.

   "Hello," I said in an... unfortunately strained, sad voice.

   ... Silence.

   "Potter, what are you doing here?" Ernie finally said. I looked at him for a moment.

   "I was looking for my book; class is about to start," I mumbled, and to my embarrassment, my face began to flush a little. Now that I think about it, this was rather...

   Awkward.

   "Well, don't you be getting any ideas," Ernie said. Hannah was staring at me in a strange way still.

   "Ernie, Harry must be really in a hurry. Maybe we should help him find his book? What textbook was it?" Hannah asked softly.

   Well, she's smart.

   If I was a dark wizard looking to kill, I would spare her life for helping me.

   Not saying I am but, you get the point.

   "Thanks... It's for potions, so... I need to find it before class starts." I said with a slight smile and after about three minutes of searching, Hannah told me she found it and I gave her another smile before heading to class, and not looking back.

   At Ernie's startled face.

   I know what you're thinking... if you were here you look at me strangely. But I say: stop looking at me like that!

   ... Yeah.

.......... Time Skip to the End of the Day ..........

   So. Uh... Snape still yelled at me, no surprise there. 

   But now we're trying to fit all of us in the cloak. It's just a little bit harder than last year, sense we've grown, but we'll manage. 

   "Ow, Ron! That was my foot!"

   "I didn't know that was your foot, (y/n)!" Ron whispered.

   "Shh!" I said, "We just have to turn the corner to get outside, then we don't have to be as careful. Wait, that's Filch's cat!" 

   "Nobody move." (y/n) whispered near my ear. I think I vaguely remember a shiver going down  my spine. No nevermind that was imagination. 

   The cat stared at the spot we were in before meowing and moving away.

   "That was a close one. Okay we're outside, now let's hurry to Hagrid's and get some answers." 

   "Right."

   Once we arrived that Hagrid's hut, I knocked on the door and there was some rustling and banging. Once Hagrid opened the door, all we saw was a crossbow being pointed at us. 

   "Hagrid! It's us!" (y/n) whispered, tugging the cloak off of her. Hagrid put the crossbow down and stared before ushering us inside.

   "Yer not suppose ta be here..." he grumbled, walking around to start some tea. 

   "We have some questions." I started and he groaned.

   "Not this again!" 

   "Sorry, but it's important." (y/n) sighed. 

   "Hagrid... what do you know about the Chamber of Secrets?" 

(A/N) - Aragog in the next chapter!