Chapter 22

Cover by love_tom1

"Hey mom," I said walking into the house. Liam and Lisa just dropped me off at my house. They were still quarrelling in the car. God knows I was so close to going mad.

"Honey! If Dre hadn't told me you were out with Liam, I would have being so worried," Mom said, not following. "I am so sorry mom," I said pouting. "You could have called. Why didn't you?" Mom asked, not giving up.

"I totally forgot mom. We went to the movies, and I got carried away. So I forgot to call, I am so sorry," I said, trying to put an end to the conversation. "You could have sent a text," Mom grumbled, now putting both hands on her hips. I sighed internally. "Mom, I said I got carried away. I am sorry," I said again.

"Tell me your whereabouts next time okay?" she said smiling. "Yes mom. I will."

"Good," mom said, going to sit in front of the television. "I am so famished mom. Isn't there anything to eat?" I asked rubbing my stomach. Mom turned to look at me with wide eyes. "What?" I asked.

"You just came from an outing. How are you still hungry?" Mom asked still with her eyes wide open. "Mom! I didn't go for lunch. I just went to the movies and had some ice cream. I am hungry," I said pouting whilst still rubbing my stomach.

"Oh! Dre is in your room, and she also came with some food," Mom said turning her attention back to the television.

Oh thank God!

"Ok mom," I said, walking up the stairs towards my room. Dre was sitting cross-legged on my bed and had her laptop on her lap. She had her headphones on. I guess that's why she didn't hear my voice downstairs when I was talking with mom.

I walked over to her and gave her a side hug. She looked up from the laptop, and removed her headphones after pausing the video she was watching. "Finally, you are here!" she said, returning the hug.

"Where is the food?" I asked, releasing myself from the hug and also looking around for the food. Dre chuckled lightly. "It's in the microwave. I didn't know when you'd be back, so I put it there," she said, coming down from my bed. "Oh ok! Bring it here, while I take a quick shower," I said undressing. "Ok, I'll be right back," she said, leaving the room.

I entered the bathroom and had a quick bath, not forgetting to wash my hair with my strawberry shampoo and also massage my aching head, which was as a result of the constant, almost unending banter between Liam and Lisa earlier today. I finished having my bath and wrapped my hair and body in two towels. I walked into my room and picked out a long black trouser and a loose black T-shirt which had 'Girls Rule' on it in bold letters.

"Food is served," Dre said, coming into the room with two plates of food. My stomach grumbled as I perceived the appetizing smell of the food. I quickly took my plate from Dre and began to eat my food, not wasting anytime. "Slow down, or you'll choke!" Dre said whilst chuckling.

Soon we both finished our food. Dre carried the plates to the kitchen and came rushing back almost immediately. "Woah! That was fast," I commented, belching.

"Eww... please kindly behave like a lady," Dre said scrunching her face up. "Oh please! Like you don't belch at all," I said rolling my eyes. "I do, but in a ladylike manner," she said, coming to sit on the bed with me. "Whatever," I said, rolling my eyes again.

"So... tell me everything that happened today" Dre said eagerly. "Of course!" I said placing a pillow behind my back and comfortably settling down. After about ten minutes, I was done telling Dre everything that happened earlier today.

"Wow! I am totally speechless. I don't even know what to say," she said. "I know right! I was also shocked when she apologised and also with the way she started behaving nicely," I said with a sigh. "So revenge plan deactivated" Dre said with a sad expression on her face.

"Oh come on! Don't be like that. I am sure, we would get someone else another time," I said, trying to cheer her up. "I wish," she said with a pout. "Cheer up already," I said. "Let's watch the video I was watching before you came in. It's a comedy and it's really interesting" she said with a wide grin. "Sure," I said laughing at her sudden change of mood.

~•~•~•~•~

"Grandma Ellen!" I squealed, opening the door with a huge grin on my face. Although she didn't like anybody calling her grandma, she let me, only on the condition that I'd add Ellen to the grandma. I wasn't comfortable calling her by her first name, so I proposed the deal, and she accepted and let only me call her grandma Ellen.

"Val sweetheart," Grandma said giving me a hug. "I missed you so much!" I said hugging her back. "Me too," she said releasing herself from the hug. "Come here Mitch!" she said to mom, who was standing at the door with a wide smile.

"Oh Mom! I missed you so much," mom said giving grandma a hug too. "I missed you more my darling," grandma said giving mom a peck on the cheek after the hug. Grandma walked into the house with the aid of her walking stick.

Mom and I went over to the car which was packed outside. I took her luggage into the house and left mom to pay the driver off. I walked into the house and closed the door. Finally I'll get to taste grandma's amazing dishes!

Mom came into the house almost immediately, with a pig in her hand. What the hell! "Oh yes! I forgot to introduce Luxy," grandma said as she stood up to take Luxy from mom's hands. "Val, meet Luxy," she said, raising the pig's ugly face to my eye level.

"Nice to meet you Luxy" I said moving back a little. The pig just gave out a grunt in response. "Mom, why is she here?" Mom asked grandma plastering a smile on her face. "Oh she didn't want to stay with Bella and the other pigs," grandma said, smiling at the pig.

Bella is one of grandma's workers at her pig farm. "Oh ok! We would find a place for Luxy here," mom said. "No need for that, she'll be sleeping with me," grandma said smiling.

"What?" Mom said, eyes wide. "It's not a problem. Luxy is one of my favourites," grandma said, heading to the guestroom. "It's just for a week," mom muttered, smiling at me and following grandma with boxes in her hands. Of course! Living with a pig in the same house for a week wouldn't be that bad.

Hey guys

Did you enjoy this chapter?

Don't forget to click on the little 🌟 below the screen, yes right there. Thank you

Love Jessie♥️