Chapter 7

Cover by love_tom1

This book has reached over 200 views and over a hundred votes
Thank you so so much,you guys are the best.❤️❤️

Dre left for her house after we had lunch. Dre had tried so hard to make me tell her what was going on between Liam and I. But the truth is nothing is going on, therefore I had nothing to tell.

Or was anything going on? I really don't know, I am sort of confused right now, I think I might like him a little bit. No way!! I was brought out of my thoughts by the knock on the door.

"Yeah," I said whilst looking towards the door. "Hey Honey! Can I come in?" Mum said looking at me. Since when did mum start asking me if she could come into my room? Something must definitely be going on, mum only did this when she wanted to talk about something important.

"Umm... Yes mum, is something the matter?"

"No Honey, can't I have a little chit chat with my baby?" Mum said while coming over to sit on my bed and smiling at me. Something was definitely up. Don't get me wrong, mum and I are close, our relationship became stronger after dad's death but things like this were unsual. You get.

"Of course you can mum," I said while smiling at mum.

"Okay, so how have you been lately? I know I have being busy lately and we've not had the time to talk like we used to before, so I am here for all the things I have missed" mum said smiling at me.

Mum behaves like a teenager sometimes. Well there is nothing to really talk about, I live a boring life.

"Well mum, sorry to burst your bubble but you have not missed anything," I said staring blankly at her. I saw her expression change a little.

"I have not missed anything?" She asked.

"Yeah mum, not a single thing" I said.

"Um...ok, so is there any boy?" she asked raising her eyebrows in a funny way. "Mum there is no boy" I said staring blankly at her. "None? Valerie you are 16 and you are not dating any boy. Is something wrong?"

"Mum nothing is wrong with me. Let's just say I haven't found the right guy, okay?" I said. "Val, you never find the right guy. This has always been your excuse," mum said.

"Mum," I said trying to be teary. "If there was a boy, you would be the first person to know. I just want to focus on school and avoid distractions and boys are exactly that. So please don't make me feel bad by saying you think something is wrong with me. I am fine," I said.

"Don't feel bad. It's okay" she said, opening her arms for a hug. I opened my arms and she wrapped me in a bear hug. Mum was always good with hugs, her hugs always brought comfort and warmth. "It's okay honey."

"Thanks for your understanding, mom. I love you," I said. "I love you too, my darling. I've got to head out now. I am going for dinner with a colleague, I will see you later."

"Okay mum."

With that mum left the room. Mum had dinner with a colleague. Hmmmm! She seemed excited, that's unusual.

Just then I received a message on my phone. What does Dre want this time? The last time she sent me a text message at this time was when she left her assignment book in my house so I had to do her assignment for her because we had to submit early the next morning. I picked up my phone and checked the message, it was from an unknown number.

*Hey princess*

*Hey*

*What's up*

*Who are you?*

*Sorry for my lack of manners princess. I am Liam and I believe I have met you before😊*

*Liam, how did you get my phone number!!*

*Let's just say, I can get whatever I want when I want*

*Okay, so what do you want?*

*Chill girl, I just wanted to say hello*

*Well then, you have said your hello,now get off my phone*

*Ouch! Did I do something wrong?*

* No but I am feeling sleepy right now.
So goodnight*

*Umm okay. Goodnight princess. 😘*

I switched off my phone and dropped it on the table stand close to my bed. How dare he send me and emoji with a kiss! Eww!! Well I am not too angry at it, but I think it's too early for that. For Christ sake he doesn't even know me that well! I am sleepy I'll think of all these tomorrow.

I know this is not the best of chapters and it is quite short. I am sorry for it,I'll make it better in the next update.

Enjoying the story so Far?

Tell me what you think in the comment box

Please tap that little star below the screen,yes right there.

Love Jessie♥️