Chapter 13

While the teacher was teaching, Liam passed me a note. I took it and opened it. I smiled when I saw his handwriting. It looked beautiful. It read,
'Princess, please would you mind staying after the class? I've gotta tell you something ;)'

I turned to look at him and and smiled, nodding. He smiled back and I turned around and faced the teacher. Everything was just great. I can't wait to tell Dre everything. She'd be ecstatic at the news of me and Liam.

Although he has not asked me to be his girlfriend yet. Well I guess it was still to early. I don't give a damn anyway, he asked to go on a date. And that is okay for now. Soon physics class finished and I sat back in my chair waiting for him to dismiss his friends who found it hard to let him be on his own. One of the problems with being popular, you'll always have a herd around you everywhere you go. I looked at where Liam was and saw how he was trying hard to do away with his herd.

After sometime, he was able to make them leave. He walked to were I was sitting. "Finally they left," he said. "I bet they can be a pain in the neck sometimes right?" I asked smiling. "Yes, that's true," he said smiling at me.

"So why did you tell me to stay back?" I asked, looking at him. "Excited beautiful?" he asked, wiggling his eyebrows in a funny way. Liam seems funny. I laughed. "Liam, please! I'll be late for my next class," I said in between laughter. "It's okay princess. You won't be late," he said.

"What do you want?" I asked smiling. "I changed my mind," he said. My heart beat increased three times faster than the way a normal. What did he mean by 'he changed his mind'. Does he not want to go on a date with me again? Why am I so unlucky? God please this is not happening.

"I don't mean about the date, if that's what you are thinking," he said. Phew! I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding. Thank God!

"Okay! What have you changed your mind about?" I asked. "I'll pick you up by 8:00 pm this Friday night," he said. "Why the change of mind?" I asked.

"Well, I can't wait to spend time with you princess," he said touching my cheek. I was getting weak in the knees. How did my life become so rosy?

"Okay. I've got to go now," I said. "Fine princess. Talk to you later," he said. "Bye," I said. "Bye princess," he said, winking and heading towards the door. I watched him leave. Oh my God! She has to hear about this. I am going on a date with Liam on Friday! What would I wear? Wait, why am I even bothering myself when I have a fashionista best friend? Dre would do the magic for me.

My class! I'll be late. I quickly ran towards my next class. Soon, school was over. I went over to the gate to wait for Dre. She came sooner than I expected. "Let's go Val," she said. "Sure," I said. With that we headed home.

"So tell me everything that happened after I left," Dre said. "Okay...so...I am going on a date with Liam on Friday by 7:00 pm!" I squealed. I was so excited, I couldn't even talk without squealing.
Dre squealed, too. "Val! I am so happy for you," she said grinning from ear to ear.

"I know, right? I can't believe this is happening. I am going on a date for the first time with someone I like who likes me too," I said smiling and hugging Dre out of excitement. "I know. I am so happy right now Val. I am gonna be your stylist," she said clapping her hands and jumping in a funny way.

"Sure thing. Who else would be my stylist, if not you?," I asked surprised that she was even saying something like that. "No one. I am the best fashion designer in the whole world right?" she asked smiling and waiting for my response.
"Um...of course," I said in a not very convincing voice. "I know you know it, she said. I decided to drop it.

"I just can't wait Dre," I said. "I am so happy Val. Can you remember when I told you that you would find your prince charming someday?" she asked. I put my chin in-between my index finger and thumb, thinking of when Dre must have told me that.

"Yes I remember," I said, smiling as I remembered how Dre had given up on the argument. "Well..." she said looking at me. "I guess I've found him," I said smiling. "Yes you have baby girl!" she said.

"I can't wait to tell mom. She'd be so happy," I said, smiling and thinking of how mom would react. "Yes that's true. Because she has being adamant on you getting a boyfriend," Dre said looking at me. "He has not asked me to be his girlfriend yet Dre," I said. "Don't bother about that. I told you my inner spirit has a hunch," she said.

"Really?" I asked obviously not believing whatever she was saying. "Yes. And my inner spirit man is always right," she said, looking serious. I laughed at her serious look. "Okay if you think so Dre," I said still laughing. "I know so, Val," she said. I am so happy. I Wonder what mom would do when she finds out about my date on Friday. She might just even buy a new dress for me just for that day. Mom is a very dramatic woman.

"Love bird, you are going to the neighbours' house," Dre said, bringing me out of my reverie. Oh! I hadn't even realised I had gone past my house. I smiled at her and we both walked into my house.

Hey guys,

Did you enjoy this chapter?

P.s. who is excited about the date?
I definitely am. Val seems to have forgotten her perception of love because of Liam.

Please tap on the 🌟 below the screen,yes right there.Thank you.

Love Jessie♥️