Chapter 21

Cover by Qhupid_247

I did not believe my ears. Did Lisa, who I thought was the worse human on earth, just apologise?

"Sorry?" I said still in shock. "You heard right dear," she replied smiling. "Oh," I said. "So have you forgiven me?" she asked looking at me with puppy eyes.

I can't seem to comprehend what is going on. It seems like everything that is happening right now is unreal. "Um... I guess yeah," I said, not knowing what else to say.

"Great!" she said, clapping her hands together. She stood up and picked her small clutch from the chair. "Liam!" She screamed at the top of her voice. Liam came rushing down the stairs immediately.

"What is it?" He asked with a frown. "I am done talking with your friend, you can have her back. I will be leaving now," she said smiling. Looks like she likes smiling a lot.

"Is that why you called my name like that?" Liam asked, a frown still etched on his face. "How did I call you?" she asked. "You screamed my name with so much urgency. I thought my friend here was clawing your eyes out," he replied with a smirk whilst walking over to give me a side hug.

"Liam how can you say such a thing?" I asked trying to hide the smile that was forming on my face. "Well I am speaking the truth," he said still with a smirk.

"I am still here guys. Liam I am your elder sister, mind the way you talk and respect yourself," she said visibly angry at all Liam said. "Calm down baby sis," Liam said still with a smirk.

"Who's your baby sis? I am older than you by a good three years," she said jabbing his chest with her finger. "It's okay guys. Lisa, you'll be late," I said trying to put an end to their fight.

"I was just going out to the movies. You guys should come with me. We'd have fun," she said grinning widely. "Sure sis. I am not even busy. I hope you don't mind princess," he said looking at me.

"I don't mind," I said, shrugging. "Great! Let's get going, then," Lisa said in a tiny voice. "Martha!" Lisa screamed. "You don't have to scream all the time Lisa," Liam said holding his ear. Lisa ignored him. I think Lisa has a thing with screaming people's names. My ears are hurting already.

A maid rushed to the sitting room. "Yes Ma'am," she said whilst bowing. "Please I'd like you to inform mom when she gets back, that Liam and I went to the movies, okay?" she asked. "Yes Ma'am," the maid replied. "Thank you," Lisa said before dismissing the maid.

"Okay guys let's head out," she said, linking her hands with mine and slightly pushing Liam away from me. Liam just rolled his eyes and folded his hand across his chest with a frown etched on his face. I need to tell Dre everything that has happened.

We soon got to the car and drove off to the cinema.

~•~•~•~•~

We just finished watching The Nun, a horror film. I couldn't even watch half of the movie. I buried my face in Liam's shoulder, throughout half of the movie. The movie is the most scary horror movie I have ever watched. Although I am not a fan of horror films, I watch them once in a while. I am sure I'll have a nightmare tonight. Liam and I had insisted on watching an investigative thriller film, but Lisa had bluntly refused and coaxed us to watch The Nun.

We headed to the icecream section to get icecream. "Please I'd have vanilla and strawberry," Lisa said winking at the sales boy who was blushing profusely. This guy is blushing just because of a wink. I bet he'll be rushed to the hospital if he finds out the owner of H&M's daughter winked at him. I rolled my eyes at the way he was smiling like a child.

"What flavour do you want Val?" Lisa asked bringing me out if my reverie. "Oh! I'll have chocolate," I said smiling. I love chocolate ice cream. As far as I am concerned it tastes heavenly. In general I love chocolates. I can never get tired of eating chocolates. Each bite just tastes different in a unique way.

"What is my princess thinking about?" Liam asked holding my waist and pulling me to him. I blushed. "Nothing you should be worried about" I said smiling. "The ice cream will melt, people. Don't waste my money," Lisa said walking away.

Liam and I picked the icecream from the counter and followed behind her, walking hand in hand over to the car. "Liam take the keys, I am too tired to drive," Lisa said, handing the keys over to Liam. "Why do I have to drive?" Liam said taking the keys whilst frowning.

"Is that even a question? You are just a lazy guy," Lisa said rolling her eyes. "I am not lazy. Right princess?" Liam aksed looking at me. "Um...of course not. I have never seen anyone as hardworking as you are," I said smiling and patting his shoulder. "She just doesn't want you to feel bad," Lisa said with a huff. "Oh shutup!" Liam said in a low tune. "Are you talking to me?" Lisa asked with wide eyes.

My phone vibrated in my pocket. I brought it out and checked the caller ID. It was Dre, she must have being worried. "Excuse me guys, I need to take this call," I said walking far away from their bickering figures. I picked the call.

"Hey, Dre."

"Val, what's going on?" she asked with a worried voice.

" Everything is fine. I am sorry I didn't call to give feedback," I said.

"It's ok. So how is everything going over there?" she asked.

"You will not believe what happened Dre" I said.

"What happened?" she asked eagerly.

"Lisa apologised."

"Are you kidding me?" she asked in a disbelieving tone.

" I am not. She really apologised," I said

"So what now?" she asked.

"Right now we are at the cinema. I got to go. I will brief you when I get home, Okay?" I asked.

"Fine. But make sure you get me some ice cream, plain vanilla flavour. Thank you," she said and the line went dead before I could respond.

I walked back to liam and Lisa. I can't believe they were still quarrelling. "Guys we should get going," I said putting an end to their quarrel. "Sure," they both said whilst glaring at each other. This siblings behave like cat and rat.

Hey guys

Did you enjoy this chapter?

Don't forget to click on the little 🌟 below the screen,yes right there. Thank you

Love Jessie♥️