Chapter 5

Cover by powertino

Thank you so much for the reads,votes and comments. It means a lot. Thank you

After my detention, I left school for home. Dre had gone home already since she couldn't wait, her mom had called her already to come back home early because they were having lunch or dinner together. She just told me something along that line I really can't remember. Right now my thoughts were on what Liam did to me earlier today.

I haven't told Dre yet, obviously because I haven't really seen her since after school, but I'm surely going to tell her. Now back to Liam, he told me the wrong answer, I still can't place my finger on the reason why I even listened to him. What did I even expect? Dre told me that he's popular and I guess popular people were cruel. What made me even think that he was going to help me? Stupid me.

"Hey valerie!" A voice said. No student stays after school till 4:00pm. Don't get me wrong. The school did not make such a rule. The students just had better things to do with their time than to stay in school up to two hours after closing hours. Most of them couldn't even wait for school to close. It's the truth and I am part of those students, that is why this detention is quite painful.

I quickly turned towards the source of the voice and saw Evil Boy Liam. He was jogging towards me and I will not deny the fact that he looked really hot, with those muscles and all. Shut up
Val! He made you stay two hours after school.

I quickly turned back around and hastened my footsteps. Like a wizard he appeared in front of me, obstructing my passageway. I looked up, trying to put on my 'what you did earlier had no effect on me' face.

"What do you want?" I asked, irritated by the boy I was admiring just a few days back.

"I know what I did earlier today was wrong," he said looking at me. Apologise already I've got to go home. Part of me wanted to walk out on him, the other part which was very dominant and always made me go against my principles with respect to boys made me stay there listening to what this boy had to say.

"I hope you are not too angry, cause you will get a lot of teasing. That's how this school is, and I am not the first to do what I did,so don't take it to heart, okay?" he said.

I couldn't hold it in any more. "Are you mad Liam or whatever your name is? You made me embarrass myself in class today and you made me get a detention and all you can say is that what you did is the school's tradition. Are you joking with me right now?" I said, angry at what he said earlier.

"Woah babe calm down. Don't get all angry with me, I just did it for fun. I am sorry, isn't that what you want to hear?" he said with amusement.

What is wrong with this guy? I got embarrassed because of him and he's even joking about it. I just started this school, getting a detention is definitely not a good sign.

"Isn't that what you want to hear?" I said mimicking him. "Well mister, just so you know, that is not just what I want to hear, I want a sincere apology from a sorry heart," I said.

"Well Miss, I am sorry and this is definitely from a sorry heart," he said while smiling a little and showing his perfect white teeth. "Whatever," I said, still feigning annoyance.

"I said I am sorry, I definitely don't want this hot beauty here staying angry with me for long," he said still smiling. Wait what? Did he just call me hot and beautiful?

"It's okay but just know if you try what you did again, you have my word I will make you regret it," I said putting on my 'don't take my words lightly' face.

"Uhh!! Fiesty, hot and beautiful. Just as I like them," he said now grinning widely. Now he is flirting. Boys!! I roll my eyes at him. I was trying my best not to blush. I know I said I don't like boys, but hey everybody likes it when nice things are said to them and I'm not an exception.

"I have got to go, my mum would be worried that I am not back" I said. This was a lie, because mum was still at work and probably didn't know that I was still in school. "Oh okay, sorry for keeping you, I hope I have being forgiven?"he asked.

"Yes. By the way what are you still doing in school at this time?" I asked. What the hell? Why did I just say that? "I was waiting for you so I could apologise and hopefully give you a walk home,"he said. Oh no, this is what I don't want. But I am not rude and harsh, as a matter of fact I try to be nice to people so I am going to accept this offer. Although part of  me already accepted before he even asked.

"Okay but it is not happening again."

"What do you mean?"he asked confused. "You will never walk me home again, I'm letting you just cause you are the reason I am here at this time. Understood?"

"Umm... Yeah I guess," he said with an unreadable expression on his face. With that we walked home together in awkward silence.

Thanks for reading,please don't forget to comment.

Please tap on the star below the screen,yes right there. Thank you

Love Jessie♥️