Chapter 15

Soon we arrived at a very expensive restaurant. I wonder how Liam got the money to book a reservation in such an expensive restaurant. I came down from the car after Liam opened the door for me.  He locked the car and came over to where I was standing and linked my hand with his as we made our way towards the entrance of the restaurant.

I couldn't help but notice how beautiful the outside of the restaurant looked. It was obviously a very expensive one, only reserved for the rich. "This place is beautiful!" I said looking at Liam with a smile. "Yeah it is. Wait till you get inside," he said looking at me with a mischievous smirk.

We walked into the restaurant and a waiter dressed very neatly in white and black uniform walked over to us and welcomed us warmly. The inside looked lovely and beautiful and cosy. I didn't fail to notice that we were the only ones in the restaurant. Did someone buy the reservations for that night or people were not bothered to attend such expensive restaurants? Liam couldn't have being the one that bought the reservations for that night, right? Because I can't think of where he would have gotten such amount of money from. Maybe his parents were rich or something.

"Madam, what would you like to order?" another waitress also dressed in the same uniform asked as we took our seat. I picked up the menu and quickly looked through it. I didn't recognise any food on the menu. I didn't want to order something I'd regret eating later.

Liam got the cue and came to my rescue. "She'll have the same thing I always have," he said looking at the waiter and smiling. Does that mean he is a regular customer at this beautiful restaurant? "It'll be ready in ten minutes. In the mean time what drink would you like to have sir?" the waitress asked smiling flirtatiously at Liam.

Okay what is going on? Why are they calling Liam 'sir'? Why is she smiling so shamelessly? Did she not notice me here? I hate pathetic people like this stupid waitress.

Laim noticed how uncomfortable I was. "We will just have Champagne," Liam said smiling. "Okay sir," the stupid waitress said smiling again and walked away grinning like a child that just got chocolate. Okay questioning time. Liam has to tell me why we are the only ones here, how he got money to get a reservation and why they call him sir.

"Liam how did you get a reservation in such an expensive restaurant?" I asked him. "Do you have to know princess?" he asked. "Don't answer a question with another question and yes I want to know," I said looking at him.

"Okay...well courtesy of my parents,"he said plainly. "Why are the waiters calling you sir and treating you with so much respect?" I asked.

"Do you know my surname?" he asked looking at me with his perfectly shaped eyebrows raised. Well I don't know his surname. I never cared to ask. Silly me! "No, I don't," I said. "Explains why," he muttered but I still heard him. "Why what, Liam?" I asked slightly irritated at his not so forthcoming response.

"Let's just forget it and have a great night together. How about that?" "I will pass. What is your surname?" I asked, my curiosity getting the best of me.

"Okay if you want to know... Mecklenburg...Liam Mecklenburg," he said.

Wait, am I dreaming? Am I on a date with the son of the multi-billionaire of H&M? No it can't be, right? If his father is the owner of H&M why does he attend our school? Don't get me wrong, but my school is basically for middle class kids. Rich kids don't attend such schools. This explains why he had the money to get a reservation in such an expensive restaurant and why we were the only ones in the restaurant.
Everything just clicked, as I realised that he was the someone that had bought the whole restaurants reservations for that night just for our date. I suddenly felt too self-conscious.

"Which Mecklenburg?" I asked trying to confirm my suspicion. "The one you know. Owners of H&M," he said in a monotone. Jeez! I think I am about to faint. I am on a date with Liam Mecklenburg, the son of Mr Charles Mecklenburg, the owner of H&M. Oh God!

"Um...ok." I said confused. "You don't have to act awkwardly, princess. It doesn't make any difference even if you know my family name. I am still the good old Liam you know," he said smiling nervously, trying to lighten the atmosphere. I am not the only nervous one. Phew.

"It's ok. Nothing changes right?"I asked nervously. "Of course not," he said flashing his million dollar smile. "Here is the champagne," the waitress who attended to us at first said, smiling at Liam. I guess I'd have to get used to shameless bitches like this waitress smiling at my Liam.

"Thanks" I said to her speaking for the first time so she'd notice me. She glared at me and smiled at Liam before walking away.

"I have a surprise for you," Liam said smiling at me whilst sipping his wine. "I love surprises! What is it?" I asked. "You'd have to close your eyes, princess" he said smiling at me. "Okay" I said smiling whilst closing my eyes. I wonder what he wants to give me. I only get surprises from mom only once in a while. And I genuinely love surprises. "Open now," Liam said. I slowly opened my eyes and smiled widely as a tear slid from my eyes when I saw 'Will you be my girlfriend?' on the screen of a projector I hadn't noticed was in the restaurant. I looked at Liam and he had a cute smile on his face.

"Before you say anything princess, I know we have not known each other for a long time as we met only few months ago. But in this past months I have noticed that I feel nothing other than joy and happiness whenever I am with you. And I'd love to make us official. So with that said," he chuckled lightly. "Valerie Smith, will you be my girlfriend?" he asked this time holding out a rose.

Before I could say yes, the door of the restaurant opened, revealing a very stunning girl dressed in a sparkly Red dress and beautiful black stilletto heels. She looked breathtaking and could be mistaken for a teenage model. I looked at Liam and saw his handsome spotless face crease into a frown.

"Liam who is this gold-digging bitch?" she asked glaring at me.

Hey my lovely readers,

Thanks for always stopping by. I really appreciate your efforts.

Who do you think this new girl is?

This chapter is dedicated to Damilolaoluyemi4.

Okay with that said. Thanks for stopping by again. Stay safe y'all.😷

Please tap on the little 🌟 below,yes right there. Thank you.

Love Jessie♥️