Chapter 6

Cover by powertino

In no time we were home already, because my house was not very far from school. That's why Dre and I walked to school everyday.

Liam tried starting a conversation earlier on, but I shut him up by feigning lack of interest. Don't blame me I told you before I don't like guys. "You know I don't know your house right? So you should be leading the way and not the other way round" Liam said, stopping and turning around to look at me. Oh I forgot while I was thinking.

Why do I think so much? When I don't even have a child? Anyways I guess it's not just me, you think a lot too.

"Hello?"Liam said looking at me. "Oh um sorry. My house is the next one," I said. "Oh, which means we are there then," he said. "Um... thanks for walking me home" I said whilst turning to go inside my house.

" Woah!! Hold on. Are you leaving just like that?" he asked, slightly amused.

"Yeah, is something wrong?" I asked trying to look confused. I already know were this is going. Boys are all the same. I am sure he wants a hug or something. Well that's too bad for him because the only thing I am ready to offer him now is a slap, why? I really don't know. Maybe I just want to touch his handsome face. No way, Val! Stop thinking about such things.

"Not even a hug?" I heard Liam say. Hug my foot! "No, not even a hug mister. Now get going before my mum sees me."

If mom sees me she'll put a smile on her face for the whole day, even during her sleep. I can imagine her telling her only friend Mrs Shawn things like 'finally my baby girl is seeing a boy' or 'I really had worries that she wasn't a normal teenager' or 'at some point Shawn, I thought she was a lesbian' or... Okay that's enough, that's just my mom for you, always thinking absurd things.
I shuddered at the thoughts of what mom would think if she saw me with Liam.

Now back to Liam. "What are you still staring at mister, get going already" I said, slightly irritated.
Of course I was feigning that too. "Um... okay, see you in school tomorrow then," he said looking slightly hurt. Well I am not sorry, he deserved it for getting me in detention.
I know he apologised but I am just still pissed off at him for no reason.

Don't get me wrong I am not a person that keeps malice, as a matter of fact, I forgive very easily but I am careful not to get myself in something that will require me forgiving anybody. You get it.

"Yeah tomorrow" I said. I turned and walked towards the door when he shouted 'goodnight princess' and left.

I rolled my eyes at what he said, although I'll not deny the fact that I blushed a little at what he said. He called me a princess, that sounds so nice and fits perfectly with my name. Princess Valerie, sounds nice. Ok valerie shut up already.

Mom wasn't at home so I was alone this afternoon. Dre usually stays at mine when we come back from school for a few hours before going to hers but today I was all alone. The lonely Valerie, I sighed and opened the door.

I dropped my school bag on the floor(I never said I was a tidy person), closed the door and walked straight  into the living room with the thought of slumping on the couch before thinking of something to eat.

"Did I just see you talking to Liam?" I jumped and screamed. What the hell? I turned around and Dre was looking at me and laughing really hard.

"What the hell Dre? You scared the life out of me" I said, still shaking from what had happened earlier. Dre was still laughing whilst clutching her stomach and laying in a fetal position on the ground.

Heck! She scared me, I can still feel my heart racing and she was laughing. How funny! I laughed along with her sarcastically. She got the clue and stood up.

"I am sorry Val, but the way you jumped was so funny!" she said while grinning widely.

"What are you doing here? I thought you had lunch or dinner with your family?" I said.

"Oh that! Mom had to stay at work, same thing with dad, so I just thought to come here," she said still smiling.

"Then why didn't you call me at least to let me in on your presence in my house" I said.

"Well I wanted to call you, then I thought Val's gonna come home soon so there is no need to call," she said. "Oh okay. But please never do that again," I said, already smiling at her.

"Okay enough of the interrogation, did I just see you with Liam?" she said. "Yeah, so?" I said looking at her .

"Now Valerie Smith don't give me that  look pretending there is nothing. Tell me everything," she said sitting down and resting her chin on her palms.

I laughed at her thoughts. She was thinking there was something. I guess I'm gonna shatter somebody's hope. "Well there is nothing Deandre Williams" I said smiling a little.

"And he called you princess" she asked sarcastically. "Dre I said there is nothing. Drop it already," I said. "Okay but you will tell me soon" she said winking at me.

"I don't know about you, but I am starving" I said changing the topic.

"You can change the topic all you want Val, I'll still find out" Dre said while running towards the kitchen. I ran after her laughing. What a silly girl Dre was!

Sorry lovelies for the late update. I am sorry  but I will make it up to you guys.

Enjoying the story so Far?

Tell me in the comment box

Please click on the little star below the screen,yes right there,Thank you

Love Jessie♥️