Chapter 14

That's Valerie's dress above

The long awaited Friday night had arrived. After school earlier today, Dre and I had agreed that she'd come over to my house at about 6:00 pm to help me get ready for my date with Liam.
It was already 7:00 pm and Dre was nowhere to be found. I picked up my phone to give her a call. On the last ring she picked up.

"Dre why are you not here?" I asked, angry. "I am so sorry babe! I will be there in a minute. Got caught up with something at home. I am on my way already," she said. "Fine. I am waiting," I said, hanging up. I hadn't even thought of what to wear. Dre said she'd pick out the dress and shoes herself and do my makeup and hair for me too. Right now I was in my lingerie waiting for Dre the stylist to come work her magic on me.

After about ten more minutes of waiting, the door to my room finally opened. Dre rushed inside apologising profusely whilst walking towards my wardrobe. "What held you up?" I asked watching her throw my clothes on the floor.

"I will tell you later, but now I need to focus on what you'ld wear," she said paying all her attention on what she was doing. "Ok," I muttered falling on my bed. "What date is it?" she asked after sometime.

"What do you mean?"I asked not understanding. "I mean what date are you guys going for? A concert? Dinner?" she asked with her hands akimbo and looking at me. "It's a dinner date," I said. "Ok," she replied, re-focusing her attention back on cloth searching. Suddenly, she screamed out. "Yes!"

"What?" I asked. "This is what I have being looking for," she said, holding up a black dress.
The black one handed dress she was holding was a gift from one of mum's friends. I never really liked the dress, so I'd never worn it.

Dre walked up to me and handed over the dress.
"You'll wear this dress" she said more in a commanding tone. "Ok. You are the stylist, so you know what's best," I said, taking the dress from her. I placed the dress on the bed. "Now let me get the shoes," she said going over to my shoe rack. After a minute of searching or rather comparing the shoes that would go with the dress, she brought one of the black heels mum bought for me sometime ago.

 After a minute of searching or rather comparing the shoes that would go with the dress, she brought one of the black heels mum bought for me sometime ago

"This is perfect," she said, dropping the pair of heels on the floor below my dress. "Come over here, let me start with the makeup," she said. I walked over to the chair she had placed for me to sit. I sat down and Dre began her magic. After ten minutes Dre finished with the makeup.

"Ta-da!" she said raising both of her hands in the air. I turned around to look at my large mirror and I must say I looked spectacular. Dre was great at doing magic with makeup. She did a light make up but it looked great, she used a deep red lipstick on my lips, giving my face a simple but hot and beautiful look. She tied my hair in a tight bun at the back and left few strands to fall at the front gracing me with a beautiful look. "Wow! Dre I don't even know what to say right now. This is..."

"Amazing, I know. Now wear your dress already, Liam would be here anytime soon," she said. I glanced at the wall clock above my bed and it was 7:45 pm. I still had fifteen minutes left. I picked the dress up from the bed and put it on with Dre's help. After that I put on my heels and went over to my dressing table for the jewelry. I picked up the silver pair of earrings and necklace dad had given me before his death.

When I was done I picked up my clutch and walked over to my large mirror to look at myself.

Dre had done a great job. The black dress was a great fit. It hugged my body perfectly and showed my curves well. I loved the way I looked.
I turned to look at Dre and almost laughed at her expression. Dre looked like she wanted to cry. In fact a few tears dropped from her eyes. "Dre, why are you crying?" I asked, trying hard not to laugh.

"You look too beautiful, Val," she said wiping her tears. I couldn't hold it in any longer. I burst into laughter. "Why are you laughing?" Dre asked. "Jeez! Dre, you are very dramatic. If you are crying, what would mom do?" I asked.

"I just got a little bit emotional. Don't laugh at me," she said pouting. "Okay," I conceded. "But it was funny," I said smiling. "Val, Liam is here already," Mom shouted from downstairs. "Okay Dre. I will tell you how everything went tomorrow okay?" I said.

"Okay. I will just come for a sleep over tomorrow," she said. "That would be cool. We will have a girls night," I said. "Yes. Now hurry down. Your date is waiting," she said smiling. "Make sure you clean my room before you leave. I love you, bye!" I said and ran out so she would not protest. She messed up my room and she was going to clean it up. I went downstairs and saw mom facing Liam and telling him something. I couldn't see him clearly because mum was obstructing my view.

But from the look of things, mom was giving him 'the talk' which I guess was along the lines of 'if you hurt her, I will kill you.' or 'She is my only daughter, don't break her heart.'

"Mom, I'm here," I said, making her turn to look at me. I could see mum was trying hard not to cry. But a few tears rolled down her face. She walked over to me and held my hand. "Val baby, you look beautiful," she said.

"Mom please don't cry or you'll make me cry too," I said looking at her. "Sorry honey. I am just so happy," she said. "It's okay mom. Can I go now?" I asked. "Yes, yes! Bye guys," she said to Liam and I.

"Goodbye, ma'am," Liam said. I smiled at mom, she smiled back. "Bring her back before 10 pm" she said looking at Liam. "Sure, ma'am. Of course," Liam said. We walked out of the door and that was when I noticed Liam's outfit.

 We walked out of the door and that was when I noticed Liam's outfit

Liam's outfit

"You look gorgeous princess," he said giving me a rose. I blushed. "Thanks," I said smiling. "Shall we?" he asked smiling at me whilst opening the passenger door of the car. Gosh! He looked more than handsome. I entered into the car. He closed it and walked over to the driver's door and entered too. With that we hit the road.

Hey my lovely readers,

Did you enjoy this chapter?

Thanks a lot for the reads and stay safe guys.

Please tap on the 🌟 below the screen,yes right there.Thank you.

Love Jessie♥️