Episode 55: The Three Muskafreaks

Start from the beginning

Damien looked up at the tiny ray of light shining under the shading of the tall trees. "Hm, well. It might be unclear now, but we've certainly found a new purpose, Natella. Every action leads to another. I think eventually one day we'll find out why we were really bound to live as vampires. There's something great approaching us at a pace faster than what we can imagine. And if we get to experience that, I think a lot of our questions might be answered then." Natella smiled up at him with a little bit more hope on her face than before. "Don't look at me like that, my heart flutters." He teased her by swiping his hand over her face.

"I'm actually wondering if this new side of you is better or not."

"Well, that's not good. I need to be the strong leader of this family! Fear my wrath!" He mockingly threatened her with a glow of his red eyes, puffing his chest out.

"Oh, I'm so frightened."

Damien cracked a smile, glancing at her dull expression. "I think you're just amazing. Your words always find a way to really soothe someone's deepest scars." Before she could glance up at him, he placed his hand on top of her head, pulling her head down as his face dropped into a softer expression. "Thank you for allowing me to love you, Natella."

*****

"Hey," Sera opened her eyes to Natella whispering over her. "Wake up. Wake up, before Mrs. Kim makes her rounds." The girl slowly shuffled awake but as she moved around, Sera realized that Aiko's arms were still wrapped around her, making it harder to fight off the wrapping of the blankets and his tight embrace.

"Aiko," she grumbled in a morning voice, which was also hoarse from crying. "Ugh, this boy could sleep through an earthquake."

"Wake up!" Natella tore his arm off Sera, allowing her to worm away on the floor while Aiko's face crumpled up with distress. "Hey, wake up. For real, Ms. Kim's--"

"Natella and Sera?" Ms. Kim knocked on the door. The two girls stared at each other with wide eyes and in one clean motion, they both shoved Aiko under the bed, standing guard in front of it.

"Yes?" Natella answered as Ms. Kim opened the door.

"Just checking to see if you guys are awake." Her eyes were dancing all over the room. "Great, come have some breakfast at the main cafeteria before we drive back. By the way Sera, have you seen Wonho around?"

The girl's face dropped in horror.

"No. She was with me all night Ms. Kim." Natella quickly answered for her.

"Hm, strange. I didn't find Aiko either. His partner was half-asleep and didn't really help. Maybe they've gone off somewhere together. Right?" Her worried eyes scanned the room one more time.

"Of course. Aiko's pretty smart, so you shouldn't worry about him too much." Natella reaffirmed.

"Yeah, you're right." Ms. Kim sighed and finally left the two girls alone.

"Wake up!" They both hissed, nudging Aiko with their foot.

"Five more minutes." He mumbled.

"Aiko!" Sera grabbed his face and forced his eyes open with her fingers. "We're not at home! Get up!"

"What time is it?!" He suddenly gasped, sitting up straighter than a rod.

"Breakfast time." Natella picked out a new pair of clothing. "You should go leave now before Ms. Kim suspects anything. Besides, if you have any sense you should know that we girls would like to shower and change into new clothes."

"Oh!" He quickly stood up, towering over the two of them at a considerable height. "Sera, are you okay?" The girl looked up at the cluster of hair sticking up from his head and concealed a laugh, simply nodding to him.