Chapter 18 - Announcing To the World

=3rd PoV=

     Seokjin got ready as it was almost time for him to step up onto the stage. The princes had told him about his coronation ceremony, but he didn't realize that it would come so early. The in-training stylist staff of the event had picked out an outfit for him. 

     Seokjin wondered to himself, "why did they dress me up so casually? Isn't it a formal event?" However, he nudged that feeling off since last time he speculated about something it wasn't entirely correct

     "I know you all met Prince Yoongi's personal butler, but we also have someone else we decided on. We realized during the contest that an extra helping hand would do the job. So here they are, our royal assistant..."

     "Kim Seokjin, you should be on the stage in around... the next minute actually!" One of the administrators say to him and proceeds to look at him, "Oh my- what are you wearing?! Never mind that; we need you up there pronto, right now." 

     The lady placed her hand on Jin's wrist, tugging at him in the direction of the said stage. Luckily her grip wasn't so strong that it would hurt him, but enough to get him uncomfortable. 

     "...and his name is Kim Seokjin!"

     He was so rushed that he didn't realize that he was standing in front of thousands of people. Not just thousands of people, but his family and the rest of the royal's relatives. He just stood there in shock as the crowd start to whisper.

     Seokjin went to the back of his head and grabbed his lines that he practice for hours; he had even written it himself. The tense atmosphere made him nervous, but he only stumbled once or twice.

     "Hello there," he bows, " I'm Kim Seokjin. Some of you may know me but most of you will not. I have been chosen by the royal princes to assist them in their everyday needs. I come from a second class family and have had the fair share of jobs around town. Please take care of me well, or rather, I will promise to take care of the princes well." 

     When Seokjin went silent, he could still hear those chattering in the mass. He looks so fragile and weak, how could he possibly be a help?  Are you sure this is the right person; he looks like a one-nighter I would pick up. What is this mess that he's wearing? He wanted to cry.

      Even after the negative remarks, Seokjin kept to himself. The director heard about some whispers and decided to check on Jin herself.

     "Oh my goodness! They were right; this is terrible! Who was the one who made you wear this?" Park Hyemi exclaimed.

     Seokjin stared at his shoes and wrinkle his sleeves, "If.. If I remember correctly, it was Woo Gayoung noona..."

     Hyemi huffed. "I'll have her fired immediately!"

     "N-no wait!" Seokjin thought of something, "On the paper it said something about formal wear right? she must have misread it as normal, so that's why I'm dressed like this."

     "Mmm. I guess so. I'll just talk with her about it; you on the other hand just don't listen to what the other elders say, they can get quite picky."

     By the time Seokjin was able to get to his room he felt exhausted. The entire day was crazy and all he needed was a nice bath for the evening. 

     He picked out a cute outfit; one with a t-shirt of the famous Starry Night painting by Van Gogh and some comfortable grey sweatpants. Usually he doesn't wear socks to bed but today he felt like some extra cushion on his overworked feet would be a great idea.

     Knock knock!

     "I wonder who this could be..." Jin thought to himself.

      Jin opened the door and what was behind he once closed door was Taehyung and Yoongi.

     "Taetae! Prince Yoongi!" Jin exclaimed and hugged them both, giving each a pat on the back, "what do you need help with?"

     "Oh... well... we wanted to say sorry on our behalf of our folks' words," Taehyung said.

     Yoongi continued, "Yeah... heard it from our cousin."

     "Oh no no! Firstly, it didn't really impact me in any way. Secondly, you shouldn't apologize for something someone related to you did! But I appreciate it very much for you two to just coming here to say that. Do you guys need anything else?"

     "Uh... um...."

     "I really like the shirt you have on your bed, are you going to wear that?" Teahyung asks.

     "Yeah, I was. Do you not like it?" Jin says.

     Taehyung replied, "No no! I love it actually. I'm a huge fan of Van Gogh's art. Can you perhaps wear it tomorrow hyung?"

     "Of course!" Taehyung squealed and returned to his shared room, "and what would you like Yoongi-ah?"

    "Can you give me a nickname like Taehyung's? Like that Taetae thing?" he asks.

     "I'll work on it and you'll get it tomorrow. You should go to sleep now; I know how much work you princes have." Seokjin suggested.

     As they waved goodbye, Jin looks back over to the pile of clothes. He continued his plans of taking a warm bath and getting ready to sleep. After an hour of browsing on the web, he decided that it was time to go to bed. Seokjin had something in the back of his head that went against that however; Yoongi's nickname. 

     "What should it be? Yoonie? Suga because his skin looks pretty soft and pale? He kinda looks like a cat.... Arghhhhhhh!"

Word Count: 950

Date Published: July 7, 2020

A/N: This chapter was pretty fun to write. I really need you guys to tell me what to do for the 1k+ read though!