Chapter 14 - Meeting the Last Prince

=Jin's PoV=

     I've been sitting in bed for the last 20 minutes thinking of something. That something is what- no, who the supposed Prince Yoongi was. I know his name but I don't know anything about him other than that at all; what he looks like, his personality, his like's and dislikes, argh! 

     "What's bothering you, cutie?" Jungkook said to me, glancing at me. I blushed at the new nickname he gave me, and from it I could tell he realized it as well. 

     "I'm sorry for calling you cutie! It's just a bad habit of mine, forgive me." Jungkook said, his head looking down.

     "It's okay Prince Jung- I mean Kookie! I get it sometimes, hehe." I say, trying to lighten the mood.

     "Oh. Well, I feel like I still owe you one, so when you need me, I'll be there!" Prince Jungkook said, smiling like a really cute bunny.

     "I guess it's kind of late now.. Take a break and let's go to sleep okay? I'm kind of worried about you and Prince Taehyung whenever you guys stay up really late to finish your work." 

     "Noted, Jin-hyung."

The Morning After

     Ah. I can feel that today is going to be a great day. It's partially cloudy so the sun won't directly hit my eyes, and I had great sleep as well. The fact of the matter is, both Prince Jungkook and Prince Taehyung went to bed "on time" and didn't disturb me with their desk lights. 

     As I sat up and started to fold my blankets, the door rattled a little bit and opened and Prince Jimin came in. Wait, why is Prince Jimin here?

     It took a while before Prince Jimin found me in the room. Once we made eye-contact, he proceeded to walk over to my bunk bed and gave me a letter. The sealing and handwriting looked familiar so I opened it. There in my hands was a note saying that I passed Prince Namjoon's Competition. You wouldn't believe me if I said I jumped off the bed, squealed, and hugged Prince Jimin. I mean, not everyone has a chance to become the next Min Yoongi's Butler.

     Prince Jimin just stood there baffled while I grinned my way to happiness. We were standing there for a good minute, silent and all. I released my tight grasp on him and pulled back, hands still on his shoulders. He looks like he was blushing during our hug session, and his cheeks were now just calming down.  

     "W-well, I also have something else to tell you," Jimin said, "Yoongi-hyung said that he's rescheduling his competition from Thursday to today, I hope that doesn't bother you hyung."

     "Oh! Um.." I say, thinking in my head for a minute, "It's fine. Same time right?"

     "...yes."

     After Prince Jimin left, I started to worry a little. I didn't even have a purpose for worrying; which is a little silly if I think about it. I picked out something comfy because the letter didn't say to wear anything specific. Sweatpants and a T-Shirt will do. 

     As I step afoot inside the place, it was relatively empty. Well, that was until it started filling up with the now familiar group of contestants, just a few missing. Including Chinhae.

     I waited anxiously until he came, because I knew from fact that he was just too good to be kicked out, even better than me so to speak. He's like a hidden gem; lost in the crowd of amateur trainees.

     I waited for what felt like eternity. I watched the door closely for any sign of Chinhae, but to any avail he didn't arrive. I look to the clock on the wall that read it was time for the competition to start. But the announcer didn't appear.

     I rubbed my eyes and looked back at the clock, wondering what was wrong with my eyesight. But there it showed up again, 10:30 am. Why isn't the announcer nor prince showed up? The other people seemed to be too deep in conversation to realize it as well.

     There I sat, alone waiting for someone to arrive. No one did. Some contestants decided to leave, some slept, some companied themselves with their smart devices. The full 30 minutes were just wasted, but before I could stand up and leave some clapping was heard. Out came the last prince.

     I sat in awe of how smooth his skin was; whether he had makeup on or not. I just stood on the stage clapping his hands while looking at each and everyone of us.

     "Congrats, you guys really had the audacity to sit through 30 minutes of me not arriving. I also had the audacity to look at you guys using those 30 minutes to do whatever you guys were doing. If you haven't guessed already, I was looking at how patient you were; and for those that went back or slept, well, I'm sorry to say this, but you've been eliminated. Pack your bags, a private vehicle will drive you home tonight. For those who did wait, you passed, congrats. See you on Thursday." 

     That was it. Well, it was until Chinhae came out of the back to go onto the stage too. He took the microphone and said, "Hi, it's me, Chinhae. What's funny is is that I also was watching you guys. I ran into Prince Yoongi over here and he decided to let me in on the act. Sorry for not showing up, Seokjin."

     I let out a laugh as I rethought of those minutes passing by of me just being confused about Chinhae, oh how embarrassing. Prince Yoongi dismissed us and I went back to my room.

     "So, how did it go Seokjin-hyung?"

     "It went.... great."

Word Count: 961

Date Published: June 9, 2020