Chapter 38: Food For Thought

After lunch break was over, Jaesang and Seohyun came back inside the studio as soon as they saw the police officers standing with their arms crossed, much to their puzzlement.

"Mr. Jeon, you are under arrest for plagiarizing the music from the rightful owners. Put your hands behind your back and come with us quietly or else you will be facing $25,000," the first officer stated firmly.

"What?! I did no such thing!" Jaesang exclaimed, narrowing his eyes in disbelief.

"Excuse me, chief. I believe Jaesang never plagiarized any work from anyone. He is innocent," Seohyun protested.

"He's not. The EXEL's producers had already signed the records way before. Therefore, you both created a duplication of the song," the second officer explained.

Jaesang shook his head and snapped angrily. "Bullshit! Just a couple of minutes ago, we were making our own music."

"Then, you will have to testify and show evidence in the court unless you have one," the first officer advised as he went up behind him and locked his wrists with the handcuffs. He shoved him forward and said sternly. "Let's go, young man."

"I'm going with you, Jae. I'll contact the lawyers for you," Seohyun said determinedly when the four of them left the studio. Even though Jaesang's expression was indignant and wanted to reason out.

In the evening after the customers had left Seoul's Fine Dine, they thanked the waiters and waitresses for delivering the food at the right time. Satisfied with how fast the service is, they've given notes and rated five stars on the survey link Joon-wo has provided. They reminded him they will come back if there is any special occasion or request they would like to make.

Once the employees had finished their work, Joon-wo and Valerie were decorating the rest of the desserts and baking them inside the oven for fifteen to twenty minutes. Both of them didn't realize they were alone together in the kitchen as they were remaining in silence. Until then, one of them spoke up and wiped off the sweat from their foreheads.

"Phew! Easy peasy. We're almost near two hundred cupcakes, so ten more to go and we can cross them off the list," Valerie breathed out tiredly.

"Yup. Oh, by the way, you don't have to force yourself to finish them all. There's time for tomorrow," Joon-wo said.

"Are you sure?" Valerie asked for reassurance.

"Hmm..." Joon-wo nodded with a hum in response.

"Alright. I'm going to pack up my stuff now, then," Valerie said, pointing towards her bag and started to walk away from the counter. But she felt his hand grabbing her wrist gently in which she glanced at him blankly.

"Wait! Before you go, there's something I need to tell you..." Joon-wo murmured shyly.

"Sure. You can," Valerie smiled encouragingly.

Joon-wo paused for a moment and cleared his throat, saying. "Um... I wanted to thank you for helping me out with the catering and staying longer to serve thousands of customers. I know you've been busy with your own and keeping up with the hassle that's been going on in my restaurant and-"

Valerie placed her hand on top of his hand comfortingly and shrugged. "Hey, it was definitely not a huge problem for me. I'm very glad I volunteered to help as much as possible in your assistance."

"And I've been meaning to say this. The moment you stepped into my kitchen, I became attracted to the way you spoke and introduced yourself. I know I was a little harsh on you when I should've accepted those plates were an accident, so I'm sorry for that. When I was playing guitar on Jeju island, I started to think about you. That's when I finally realized I actually like you..." Joon-wo concluded, exhaling his nervous breath out while glistening his eyes back and forth at hers.