Chapter 19: Framed

A voice shouted a warning to everyone in the room that there was a smoking bomb in the cake and must evacuate as soon as possible. But it was a little too late when the bomb started to fuse out, making them collapse on the floor. Some of them were constantly coughing while others were covering their faces with handkerchiefs.

Jiyoo was about to rescue the girl but she was already in someone's arms. He dropped down weakly until he was being carried by a medical team. Not being able to see her face during the New Year's Eve party and was still wondering who she is.

He woke up again in a full sweat around his body and heard a doorbell from the front door. Jiyoo slipped through his orange shirt as he ran down the staircase and opened the handle, revealing the person he didn't expect.

"Jaesang?" He exclaimed in puzzlement.

"Sup, Jiji?" Jaesang gave a quick nod at him and entered.

"Argh. I told you not to call me that," Jiyoo huffed out as he threw his head up in annoyance and continued to ask. "What brings you here?"

"I came here to make amends with you and I just want to congratulate you on the sales that went up in your company," Jaesang stated impressively.

"How much money do you need-" Jiyoo asked.

"Ah. Nope. There are no exchanges or deals in return," Jaesang shook his head in disagreement.

"Then, what are you doing here?!" Jiyoo ruffled his hair loosely in frustration.

"Wow. I came by to see my Hyung again. I really don't have much to say," Jaesang shrugged.

"Wait a minute. It was you! You're the one who switched the products into different ones," Jiyoo muttered in astonishment.

Jaesang gestured his hands out proudly and said. "What can I say? You're welcome."

Jiyoo questioned. "Why?"

"Because I miss the times where we are both hanging out and I couldn't ask for more," Jaesang answered and added in. "There is nothing that I want other than the bond that we used to have, so..." He held his hand out in which Jiyoo quirked an eyebrow at him quizzically, then shook their hands together.

Then, they leaned in forward to pat each other on the back twice and let go.

"If there's anything you need, I'm only one call away," Jaesang noted and turned around to walk out of the door with his hands kept inside his jean pockets.

Jiyoo recalled back the moment where Valerie had advised him.

FLASHBACK:

Valerie was puzzled, then reminded him mildly. "You know, one of the best things in life is to be grateful for the person who is willing to help because there aren't many caring people who do."

Jiyoo stopped in his tracks when he heard her say that. He turned over and thinned his lips neutrally. "Got it."

Valerie smiled and watched him face the front to resume his striding. "Take care."

END OF FLASHBACK

"Jae..." Jiyoo called out softly.

"Hmm?" Jaesang glanced over his shoulder blankly.

Jiyoo gazed down and gladly said. "Thank you..."

"No worries," Jaesang chirped with a curt nod and headed towards the car as the security guard closed it before driving away.

Jiyoo continued to watch the vehicle move farther from the distance and steadily shut the door.

At the same time in the police station, Valerie and the rest of the police officers were currently interrogating Raidven in the empty room across the table. They slid the pictures forward to where Jason is. He was crossing his arms defiantly, giving them a strange look.

"I had nothing to do with this. It's absurd," he huffed, shaking his head a little, and continued on. "I was out with my friends, playing billiard, poker games, and darts-"

"Cut the crap. You literally compromise with Kain and set FEA up in a fake drug scandal," Valerie stated and showed a 20-second video of the two guys smirking and laughing with each other.

"That doesn't prove anything. Anyone can look exactly like me," Jason retorted back defensively.

"Then, how do you explain with the serpent tattoo?" Valerie urged on strictly, but calmly.

"It's photoshop. Tattoos aren't even my style. Even if it was, then I have to wear one based on what my manager tells me," Jason explained boldly.

One of the police officers named Mr. Reen started to chortle derisively at the young man and demanded him. "Pull up your sleeve."

"What?" Jason repeated.

"Pull up your goddamn sleeve or I will inform your parents that you are being investigated here," Mr. Reen raised his voice sharply, causing him to smirk slightly.

Jackson did what he was told, revealing his clear skin on the back of his hand, much to their bafflement.

"How did you...? That's impossible," Valerie sputtered.

"I've already told you. I don't put tattoos anywhere on my body," Jason snorted a laugh and continued on. "You can keep digging up for more evidence, but it will never prove you that the guy is me because I'm not."

Mr. Reen and Valerie were shaking their heads in exasperation, not certain if they should release him or not. For some reason, Valerie was beginning to think that he is only covering it up, so he wouldn't get caught. Even so, Jason and the rest do have a reputation and image to maintain for themselves. Regardless of what music Raidven produces, many K-Pop artists and groups would do the same. That is just how their industry works.

Concurrently, Jaesang was contacted by four of his former members.

"No..." he replied simply with a smile.

"Jae, you got to believe us," Ryung pleaded as he stepped inside the studio room to explain. "What we're telling you is true."

"The old photos of us meant something," Hwan said.

"I refused to believe that," Jaesang noted.

"It's best to be together as friends, not as a group," Ryung pointed out.

"We weren't friends before. Now, leave," Jaesang ordered monotonously and added in. "It's not going to bring back what we had."

"Hear us out, will you? Someone really sent me this gift box that contains our momentum," Yoongi said.

"Who?" Jaesang asked curiously, narrowing his eyes.

"We don't know. That is why we came here to inform all of this," Min-Jun nodded.

"What now, then? I mean, I've already settled my problems with Jiyoo," Jaesang shrugged.

Hwan blinked a few times shockingly. "Wait. You and Jiyoo became friends again?"

Jaesang chuckled. "Yeah."

Ryung paused for a moment, saying. "Maybe, this is a message."

Jaesang raised his eyebrows in peculiar, then they all saw the latest news on TV about FEA being on a drug scandal, whereas the suspects made loud gunfire near the streets of Myeong-Dong Walking. Their eyes began to widen in bewilderment, wondering about the incidents.

Later on, Valerie met up with Si-woo as she told him what had happened with Bryan. She was still upset that the criminals got away and couldn't find anyone of them having a similar tattoo on their legs. Jason denied it two times that it wasn't mostly him that was conspiring with Kain. Although, Valerie never believed him because she was suspecting that Jason was bluffing.

"I hope your friend recovers soon," Si-woo said sincerely.

"Thanks and don't worry, I have a plan that can save FEA," Valerie said, smiling.

"You would?" Si-woo asked surprisingly.

"Hmm," Valerie nodded in assurance.

"God bless your heart. You truly are extremely rare," Si-woo complimented and continued on. "Well, you can come by tomorrow and have a chat with them because I know those precious boys would never do something drastic. Anyway, I'm off to go to a meeting with the staff. Take care, Ms. Nown."

"You too, sir," Valerie bowed down and watched him leave the café.