Chapter 16: Do You Remember?

Back in their apartment, Bryan crossed his arms behind his head while yawning and stretching back and forth. He then heard a door slightly creak open and glanced at Valerie.

"Hey. You're back. What did you buy?" He became surprised.

"Traditional Korean tea bag set, key chains, and a box of sheet face masks," she pulled them one by one before she revealed the last souvenirs. "And of course, the Tteokbokki snacks."

"Shit. Can I have one?" Bryan asked hungrily.

"Sure," Valerie chirped, tossing one to him.

Bryan flexed his arm to catch it and thanked her. He spins his chair around to face the computer screen as they both were currently watching intently. Their eyes began to widen at the two figures exchanging handshakes with an EXO member, who smiled deviously towards the GOT7 member.

"Is it done?"

"100% Complete. Just as you requested, brother," Jason smirked proudly.

Valerie and Bryan went bewildered and appalled after seeing the familiar face with a serpent tattoo on his ring finger.

"No way. That's..." Bryan stammered off of his words when he cleared up the vision.

"Kain," Valerie murmured sternly.

"Him? What the hell is he plotting? Why is he going after FEA and Big Prime?" Bryan furrowed his eyebrows in confusion.

"I have the same questions as you," Valerie nodded in agreement, then they continued to watch further. However, the camera hat was hanging on the side of the wall rack, which they weren't able to see. They became a little miffed by that. At least, they have caught a glimpse of the faces of EXEL and Raidven, so they decided to replay and record the whole video.

"Who would've thought that Jason Wang is a liar?" Bryan snorted a mocking laugh.

Suddenly, the background music theme started blaring out on TV when the reporter spoke.

"Breaking news: the newest group that was formed by Big Prime was last seen in the convenience store. Allegedly, FEA was entailed in dealing with some drugs and they are in undergoing investigation by the authorities. This is the first time they have a scandal," she stated monotonously while the pictures were being shown and continued on. "Police have taken them into custody, so stay tuned for more updates."

"Unbelievable. Word just got out really fast like that," Bryan threw his hands up in the air exasperatingly.

"There's more to it than meets the eye," Valerie muttered firmly. "Otherwise, things will get worse for them, especially for Mr. Bong. I mean, he's very occupied with the meetings and hasn't contacted us."

"Maybe, he's aware of the rumors that are circulating around him and the company. Probably avoiding all that false media statements," Bryan guessed as he and Valerie remained silent while watching the news and weather forecast.

Meanwhile, Hwan, Min-Jun, and Ryung had recently called Jin and they were all chilling in the living room of his house, wondering about their disbandment.

"Are you ready to tell us what went wrong? If not, that's totally fine," Ryung said.

"No. You're right. I think it's time that I should let you know. That's why I agreed to come and visit you guys," Joon-wo nodded and began to think harder on his moments. "Remember the last concert we had? That was when I witnessed the three of them having an argument. Mostly, Jiyoo and Jaesang were the ones who were fighting against Taeyun. He was alone, trying to defend his position, so I stepped in and gave them a lecture not to speak ill of another group. I told them that it's not a competition on who gets the credit for the choreography and the song. I was always caught in between them."