Chapter 10: Jaesang

"You mean that we are going to attend his concert?" Bryan repeated in bewilderment.

"Yes, but not entirely. We need to get VIP passes to meet him backstage," Valerie stated.

"Why can't we introduce ourselves to his staff crew?" He peered blankly.

"Have you forgotten? We are only there to meet and discuss important matters personally. Why else would I go on as a 'private detective?'" She prompted.

"You're right. Well then, what are we waiting for? Let's get on to it," Bryan said smirking coolly.

Valerie nodded in agreement as she beamed and went straight to the computer to buy tickets online as soon as possible.

The concert was only two days away and there were only seats remaining in the stadium. Both of them had chosen the floor on the left side of the section, the fifth row. They never expected that the prices were a little cheap because every product has its own taxes. What a life...

Once they clicked on the checkout order, they sighed in relief and started to make a plan.

"Here is what we need to do. We have to talk to him during the break because I know that every concert or show does have one," Valerie reminded firmly.

"Not bad. Though, I think that the security that he hires is really tight. We got to ensure that we act like true investigators because I do not know if he will be convinced," Bryan mentioned while he was scanning through the pages and the map that was displayed on the dinner table. He pulled the cap off of the marker and began to highlight in bold words. They put post-it notes as to when they will take action before they miss their chance.

Later on, the two of them decided to go out and explore the city. They went to the coffee shop and stopped by for hot cocoa. There, they sat near the glass window, whereas other people were passing by outside.

"I guess that girl Mariel got fired for stealing the designs from Ava. Has she ever informed you about it?" Valerie asked, sipping from her cup.

"Yeah. Apparently, Mariel won't be working as a model for the next 2 years since she is not someone to be trusted so easily," Bryan explained and continued on. "Maybe that's what happened with the guys, you know."

Valerie stared at him and looked away as she placed her palm under her chin quietly, saying defensively. "You don't know that."

"Really? What if it's true?" Bryan wondered.

Valerie rolled her eyes and scoffed. "Your ridiculous assumptions do not prove the outcome correctly, so quit it."

Bryan held his hands up and chuckled. "Okay, chill. I'm just thinking."

"Clearly, it doesn't help," Valerie chided and drank half of the cup.

A blonde guy pushed the door open and went straight to the cashier and ordered a medium-size latte with a blueberry muffin. He thanked the lady after bowing down and quickly exited, much to Bryan's curiosity.

He peeked over the side and chuckled. "That must be Jiyoo that I saw."

Valerie raised an eyebrow and turned around her seat. "Where?!"

"He just left," Bryan said.

"I see..." Valerie replied.

"I never expected him to go and buy food and drinks here out of all the cafe places in Seoul," Bryan snorted.

"Maybe, it's his favorite. I don't know..." Valerie shrugged and continued to sip on the latte.

"Is he still aggravated by you?" Bryan jokes.