Chapter 52: Battle Scars

From there, Valerie continued to stare at Chia and Royen with two guns directed at their quivering bodies. As soon as she heard shuffling movements behind her, one of them spoke out in awe.

"Val..." he said.

"Dongyul and Dongsun," she became surprised.

"Victor told us you needed a helping hand," Dongyul recalled.

"We've come to arrest them," Dongsun said as they both went over Chia and Royen's backs to lock their wrists with the handcuffs.

They pulled them up on their feet to move along.

"Don't touch me!" She growled furiously, shrugging her shoulders away from Dino, and gave him a revolting stare. "Ugh!"

Dongsun, on the other hand, was grasping onto Royen's arms and glanced back, saying. "I see you've detonated the bombs."

"Hmm," Valerie responded and mentioned. "It was all thanks to your friend."

"He is the best," Dongsun commented.

Valerie nodded with a warm smile and watched them exit the doorway while they were pushing Chia and Royen forward. She took a careful examination of the room, pondering on what she should do at this moment. For some reason, she was starting to become perplexed since she encountered every opponent trying to annihilate her. Sighing to herself, she gazed towards the object that was lying on top of the wooden boxes.

Back on the fifth floor, everyone was still facing the opposite of each other with the armaments in their hands. The tension was surfacing around them of every ounce of resentment, anger, and dolefulness.

Bryan decided to question in a demanding tone of his voice. "What the hell happened at the New Year's Eve Party and led them to disband?"

Kain burst out laughing, saying. "You're asking me. How redundant. They're the ones who literally started their childish and petty fight. In fact, you should thank Cheolmin and my friends for setting up that birthday cake! That was definitely a cherry on top."

"You didn't think about the people you've harmed because you wanted to achieve your ambitious goals. You're the reason why my friends almost broke up due to the scandals you've pinned on us," Jiyoo argued seethingly.

"Obviously, but that's not what I came here for. You see, your friend has stolen what was mine and I would like to have it back. That also includes the diamonds..." Kain stated gleefully, but his eyes twinkled in vexation.

"You can never have them," Bryan declared.

"Certainly, I can. They belong to me," Kain said, raising his pistol gun towards him before pulling a trigger.

As the bullet had struck out of the hole, Jiyoo used a protective shield that fired back at the right side of the wall. Bryan blinked a few times anxiously, just when he knew that the battle had set in motion.

All of them charged against one another. They were shooting and crouching down to aim the parts of their bodies, whereas a few of them eluded to different floors to camp.

Fifteen minutes later had passed and the ammunition was depleting gradually in each of their missiles. Rather, half of the members were fighting physically and grappling on with oscillation.

Jiyoo & Kain's POV

Kain continued to launch both of the guns in his hands simultaneously at Jiyoo, who started to counterattack with the colt weapon. He ducked and spun himself around to hit him, but he missed. Jiyoo hid behind the interior column wall, panting ardently, and clicked his gun to prepare the next bullets. He showed up quickly to attack again, this time targeting his upper thigh, causing Kain to grunt and shoot Jiyoo's lower abdomen.