1.

Hoseok

"Maria, do you like this old skirt I have? It used to be mine, but it's old now, want it?" I heard my mother snicker, my father ignoring her comment completely.

"I don't wear skirts." I clenched my teeth, looking for my school bag.

"What do you mean 'I dOnt WeAr skIrts'? You obviously do, you're gay" she laughed at me again. Then suddenly she stopped.

"And treat your parents with respect, Maria."

"I- mother, I really do respect you, but my name is not Maria. " I looked at her pleadingly, maybe this time she will act like a normal mother.
Maybe, this time she won't mentally abuse me because of my sexuality.

"DON'T GIVE ME THAT ATTITUDE, KID! YOU'RE MARIA, A PERFECT LITTLE GIRL, AREN'T YOU?!" She shouted at me once again. I didn't even flinch. It's normal.

"Sorry, mother.." I mumbled and got out of the house as fast as I could.

I'm Jung Hoseok, a 19 year old guy living in a town called Seoul.

Now, if you hate listening about backstories, I suggest you just skip the next part.

I was totally happy. When I was young. Now, I'm totally not happy. But who cares.

It started with me getting into the dance school. My father was okay with that, until my mother found out and stepped in.
She never was, isn't, and never will be okay with that. When he saw her reaction to the news, he turned against me, telling her that he didn't know it was a dance school or whatever.

Still, I continued with it. Because I wanted to prove my mother and father  wrong, I wanted and still want to make them proud. That is the reason why I have perfect grades at school, why I participate in everything I can, but my parents never notice. Not that they don't know about it, no, they just don't want to see it. They don't want to be proud of me, they want me to feel worthless.

In the dance school I eventually made a friend, Jimin, who is my dance teacher too, and he happens to go to the same school as I do.

What he would tell you about me is that
'I'm shy and pure sunshine surrounded by darkness ( whatever that's supposed to mean ), that I'm acting tough, but I really want to be cared of'
and I'm quoting.

I hate to admit it, but he is probably right. He knows me too well, to not be right.

End of the backstory and the little talk about my feelings, back to my present life.

I was walking through the school hallway, looking for my class.

When I finally found the classroom, I walked in. I immediately made eye contact with Jimin, and he smiled with his cheeky smile.
I smiled with my eyes only, but he understands me and my weird body language.

I walked up to him and sat next to him. Just then I noticed a short boy ( not shorter than Jimin tho, nobody is shorter than that kid ) sitting on Jimin's other side.

I arched one of my eyebrows and looked at him and then at Jimin, giving him a confused look.

- Oh right! Hoseok, this is Yoongi, Yoongi, this is Hoseok. The one I talked to you about.

The boy, Yoongi, looked at me, not smiling, so I figured he didn't like to do it either.

"Hi." Yoongi said looking away. I followed his gaze and saw the teacher come into the classroom.

"Hello fellow students, we won't learn anything in this class since it's the first day, BUT if you didn't notice, we have a new student were!" Ms. Kim said. Everybody looked at Yoongi, who now looked like he could die from nervousness and anxiety.

"Yo Yoongi. " I quickly whispered to him, and he looked at me, still tense.

"Mostly everyone here is nice, and Ms. Kim is very respectful. No worries. " I almost smiled and gave him a thumbs up.

I saw he looked a bit less tense as he stood up.

"Hello, I'm Min Yoongi. I'm 19 years old." He quickly sat back down, obviously not wanting any more attention on him.

I saw Ms. Kim looking at him, probably thinking about how his introduction was too short, but she quickly let it go.

"Alright, Yoongi, I'm glad you came here! Class, I hope you'll treat him with respect." She smiled. Almost all od us nodded. We all adored Ms. Kim for being a great teacher.

Seeing Yoongi's uneasiness, students in our class turned back around to look at what the teacher was doing.

I didn't.

I kept looking at him, thinking of what could have happened to him to be this shy? I mean, even I'm not that way.

- Mister Jung? Maybe you want to answer my question? Or are you busy looking at something? - all of the students laughed at Ms. Kim's smirk. Great, she saw me staring at Yoongi.

Ms. Kim likes to joke around with the students.

- I- What was the question? - I looked at her apologetically.

- There is none. I just wanted to see you embarassed. - she laughed and continued - Like I said before, we won't do anything today, because what can do about dancing on the first day when you're all so tired, right? So, you're free to go! - She laughed again.

I swear, Ms. Kim is the best.

___________

We we're eating lunch now. Jimin and I have our special spot for eating, and Yoongi joined us this time. I honestly didn't mind, he seemed to be nice, despite his shyness.

- So, Yoongi, tell us about yourself! Where're you from? What do you like to do? Do you maybe have a pet? Maybe a dog? I love do-

I cut Jimin off in his rambling. Trust me, once he starts to talk about his love for dogs, nothing can stop him.

"Jimin, I don't think he can answer so many questions at the same time. And you can see he's not really... Talkative. Ask him one question at the time."

He scoffed and started talking again.
"Do you like dogs?"
I swear to God, Jimin-

"Uhm yeah.. I used to have a dog named Holly, until I moved here." Yoongi spoke up. I looked at him, suprised. He didn't seem like a dog person.

"REALLY?!- ow! " - Jimin rubbed the back of his neck where I hit him.

"Yah! Don't shout, people are watching!" I scolded him quietly.

I looked at my phone, and saw that the class was almost starting.
"Guys I gotta go, see you at the same place, time, right?" Yoongi looked at me confused.
"Uhh, I gotta hurry, Jimin you explain" I tell Jimin, thinking about the little park nobody goes to because it's for little kids. The problem is that no little kids actually live here, so we're always alone there.

I rushed to the class when I heard the bell ring.

I didn't know why, I just couldn't wait for the school to end to see Yoongi- Jimin and Yoongi.

_________•••°•••_________

Thoughts so far? 🥺

I have no idea what I am doing, but I wanna do it so there's that.

Hope you're enjoying reading this story so far 😌

Chap 2 is coming up soon!

1200+ words