||TWENTY-TWO - STUDIES||

Jayda's POV

The SATs were approaching quickly, and needless to say, I don't think any of us were that prepared. Especially, Archie Andrews, who'd just returned to Riverdale, after being attacked by a bear.

I was sitting in Archie's bedroom, with Betty and Jughead, and we were helping him study for the SATs.

Betty was marking a practice paper that Archie had just taken, and Jughead was going over flash cards with him.

"Iconoclast?" Jughead asks, holding up the card.

"Iconoclast." Archie states, then sighs. "Okay, iconoclast. That is..."

"A person who attacks another's cherished beliefs." I chime in from my seat in the corner of the room. Everyone looks at me. "Holy shit, did I get that right?"

"Yeah, you did." Jughead says, confused.

"I guess we know who the smart one in the family is." I smile to myself, leaning back against the wall.

"I knew too." Jughead argues.

"Yeah, only because you were the one holding the card." I point out.

"I'm in high school. How am I supposed to know that?" Archie complains, before leaning backwards.

"Why don't we start thinking about the SATs in terms of strategy?" Jughead suggests. "When in doubt, why don't you fill in all the bubbles marked D?"

"Okay, but everyone knows that you're supposed to mark C, that's your best bet at passing." I say, sitting up properly. 

Archie thinks for a moment, weighing his options before turning to Betty.

"Betty, how did I do on the practice test?" Archie asks her. "I tanked it, didn't I?"

"Um..." Betty trails off. Archie takes the front page from her.

"I got a 600 on this part!" Archie exclaims, happily.

"That's your combined score, Arch." Betty points out, and Archie's face falls. "It's in the bottom tenth percentile." 

"You're absolutely fucked." I state, and everyone looks at me again. "I know, I'm devastatingly honest all the time."

My phone buzzes, and I check the caller ID. It's a single message from Fangs. Meaning, he wants to meet with me.

"It's Fangs. We gotta go, Jug." I say, standing up and putting my phone in my pocket.

"Do you want me to come?" Archie asks us.

"No, I'd stay, and get a couple extra hours cramming in." I tell him, as I put my Serpent jacket on.

"If anyone's gonna get you up to speed, it's Betty." Jughead adds. He says goodbye to her, before we leave Archie's house.

-----

"Jay, I'm in." Fangs tells me. We're sitting in Dilton Doiley's bunker, and he is telling me and Jughead about the Gargoyle Gang. I sigh in relief.

"Tell us everything. What happened?" I ask him.

"The Gargoyle King. The other guys told me that he's impressed with my Fizzle Rocks sales, so, he wants to invite me to his inner circle." Fangs explains. "They're having a ceremony tomorrow night. He'll be there."

I smile and clap my hands together. "Fangs, this is amazing." I praise him. "Where is it happening?"

"A clearing in Fox Forest, not too far from here." Fangs answers. "What do you want me to do?"

"I want you to go." I tell him, then I see the nervous look on his face. "Don't worry, we'll be right there in the bushes, and nothing bad will happen to you."

"We're gonna catch the Gargoyle King." Jughead states, smiling to himself. 

-----

I sat in Sweet Pea's room in his apartment, and we were studying for the SATs. When I was on the road with Archie and Jughead, he had moved into a small two-bedroom apartment with Fangs.

This was a good thing, because with Fangs spying for the Serpents, he was quite busy, so we were almost always alone.

"Acquisition?" I ask him. I quickly read the back before looking over at him. He hesitates for a second, thinking it over in his head, before he looks back at me.

"The act of gaining a skill or possession of something." He answers, as if he'd read it directly out of a book.

"Correct." I smile. Sweet Pea sighs and leans back on his bed.

"Isn't there a way we can make this more fun?" He asks, looking up at me. "Because this is just going to get really boring otherwise."

"Like what?" I ask, as I cross my legs on the bed. "You want me to kiss you every time you get one right?" He smirks over at me, and sits back up again.

He looks me up and down, the smirk clear on his face. I roll my eyes at him.

"I have a much better idea." He says. "Every time I get two in a row right, you have to take something off that you're wearing."

I roll my eyes at him again, and then look at him with my eyes narrowed.

"Fine." I shrug.

"Wait, you actually agreed to that?" Sweet Pea questions, a look of confusion on his face.

"What? Do you want me to change my mind?" I ask him, raising my eyebrow.

"No. Definitely not." He assures, making me laugh.

"Okay, but every time you get one wrong, you have to take something off." I tell him.

"I don't see that as a punishment, but okay." He agrees, and I take out the next flash card.

"Okay, demur?" I ask him. 

"To object to." He answers, almost straight away. I check the answer, and notice how he got it right.

"Next one. Feasibility?" I question, and I wait for him to get it wrong. Before, he got almost all of them wrong, now he was doing great. Sweet Pea pretends to look confused, then looks at me with a smirk on his face.

"The practicality or possibility of something." He responds with, and my eyes go wide. "Come on then, rules are rules."

I go to take my shoes off, but Sweet Pea stops me. "Ah, ah, ah. Shirt goes first." I roll my eyes, before taking my t-shirt off and tossing it to the side.

"Egregious?" 

"Extremely bad." He answers, not looking at me in the eye. Instead, he keeps his eyes on my chest. I roll my eyes at him, and throw one of the pillows at him.

"Lament?" I ask. 

"To feel sorrow for, or to mourn." He replies, and then points to my shoes. My shoes go, then after he gets Oust and Petulant right, my jeans go.

I'm sitting there in my bra and underwear, and Sweet Pea can't stop staring at me. I go to read another card, but Sweet Pea grabs the pile.

"Screw studying." He says, and basically throws the stack onto his bedroom floor. 

"That was rude." I pout. "You're going to pick those up later."

"Who cares?" He shrugs, and leans closer to me. He leans in, smashing his lips onto mine. As the kiss gets more heated, he lays me down on the bed and hovers above me.

I pull his shirt off, and he starts kissing my neck. Let's just say; it was a good night.