||NINETEEN - QUARANTINE||

Jayda's POV

It's been a month, and the quarantine has officially been lifted. It was my first day back after leaving with Archie and Jughead. 

Sweet Pea and I walked down the halls of the school, hand in hand, ignoring the looks I got because I handed been to school in almost two months.

"Uh, you guys make me feel so lonely." Fangs comments, as we walk over to him.

"You'll find someone, Fangs. Don't worry." I tell him. "In the meantime, you can keep being the fifth wheel."

"Yay." Fangs says, and rolls his eyes at me. Sweet Pea and I continue to walk down the hallway, our hands interlocked.

"Sweet Pea, Jayda, break it up!" We hear Moose say. We turn around, and he's standing there with another RROTC boy.

"No." I scoff.

"You gotta keep PDA to a minimum." The other RROTC boy says.

"Does it look like we stick to the rules?" Sweet Pea asks him, before he smashes his lips onto mine. I kiss him back, and as soon as they leave, I break away.

"That's just mean." Sweet Pea huffs. I roll my eyes at him, while laughing.

"Come on, we gotta get to class." I tell him. I drag him down the hallway by his hand.

-----

I'm sitting with Sweet Pea in our English lesson, and we're barely paying any attention to the class. We're sitting at the back of the class, and the teacher barely notices us.

The teacher puts a video on, and turns off the lights. Meaning, we definitely wouldn't get caught. 

Sweet Pea uses this as an opportunity. I feel him put his hand on my thigh, and slowly slides it up my leg.

"Don't." I warn him, quietly. "You'll get us in trouble." 

"Since when do you care about getting in trouble?" Sweet Pea whispers back.

"Jayda Jones to the principal's office. I repeat, Jayda Jones, please report to the principal's office." Comes the sound of the intercom.

I hear Sweet Pea quietly groan. I put my jacket on, before grabbing my backpack. I quickly kiss Sweet Pea without anyone noticing, and head out of the class.

As I walk down the halls, I wonder what I'm going to the principal's office for. Could it be what happened in the hall with Sweet Pea? But he would be called too.

I don't get much more time to think about it, as I get to the principal's office quite soon. When I get in there, I see a familiar face, that I didn't expect to see.

It surprised me to say the least. I didn't expect to see them at Riverdale High of all places.

Maya Jenkins.

I walk into the principal's office, to be greeted with a huge smile from Maya.

"Jaydey!" She exclaims, and envelops me in a hug. I'm taken aback at first, I haven't seen her in almost a year, then I hug her back.

"What are you doing here?" I ask her.

"I got expelled from Centerville High, so then I came here." She explains.

"Ms. Jenkins told me that you knew each other. So, I was hoping that you'd give her the tour of the school." Weatherbee speaks up.

"Yeah, sure." I nod. Weatherbee hands Maya her class schedule, and a list of extracurriculars.

We step out of the principal's office, and walk down the corridor.

"Forgive me if I'm terrible at this, I've never done a tour before." I tell her.

"No, it's fine." She smiles.

"So, this is the library." I say, pointing to the room we pass. "It's quite shit in there, the only people that go in there are the geeks, or the couples that want to hook up in there." She laughs.

"That's the cafeteria." I point it out. "Food is okay, but you better find someone to sit with at lunch, because otherwise the Bulldogs will come over to you."

-----

We walk down the hallway, with me pointing out all the different rooms, and making comments on all of them.

"And, that concludes our tour." I say, stopping at the end of the hallway. 

"Great." She responds. "Just to let you know, you're the most honest tour guide I've had."

"Why, thank you." I say, and pretend to curtsey. She laughs at me. 

The bell goes off, signaling the end of the class. Teenagers start to file out of classrooms, and soon the hallways are crowded.

I realise that we're right by my English class, and I see Sweet Pea walk out. Then it hits me. How's he gonna react when he sees Maya?

He spots me, and starts to walk over to me. He pulls me away from Maya, and presses his lips to mine. I kiss him back.

Maya clears her throat, signalling that she's standing there. We break away from each other, and look at her. Sweet Pea's eyes widen when he sees her, and looks at me.

He then looks back at Maya with a glare on his face. He snakes his arm around my waist, and pulls me to his side.

"Wait, aren't you the guy that shut the door in my face at the trailer park?" Maya asks Sweet Pea.

"Yeah, I am." He answers, coldly.

"Okay..." She trails off. "I'm going to go to my next class now." She walks away from us, and her presence in the hall alerts the attention of a group of teenage boys.

Sweet Pea spins me to look me in the eye.

"Why the hell is she here?" He asks me, rather angrily.

"She got expelled from her last school. So, she goes here now." I tell him.

"You're not gonna leave me for her, are you?" Sweet Pea asks me, his voice suddenly being sad. I put my hand on the side of his face.

"I would never to that." I comfort. "I love you, okay." 

"I love you too." He smiles. I go on my tip toes and kiss him, before we start to walk down the hallway.

"Can I tell you something?" I ask him.

"What?" he responds.

"You're cute when you're jealous." I smile. He kisses me again, before we continue down the hall, headed towards our next class.

Sweet Pea acted cold and jealous whenever Maya talked to me for the rest of the day, though. And, it seemed he was going to be like that for a while.