||FOURTEEN - RUNNING||

Jayda's POV

We hopped a train, and were on it for a few days. We jumped off it, and then stopped by a bus stop where there was a pay phone.

Jughead went into the pay phone first, because he needed to call Betty again. I sat on the bench with Archie, and waited for Jughead to be done with the phone.

He hung up quickly, because she didn't answer again.

"Still no answer?" Archie asks him. Jug shakes his head. 

"My turn." I say, and walk into the phone box. I dial Sweet Pea's number, and wait for him to answer.

"Hello." I hear him answer. 

"Hey, Pea." I respond.

"Hey, Jay. I miss you. Are you coming home yet?" He asks, making me laugh.

"Sweet Pea. I've been gone for four days." I remind him.

"I know, but I still miss you." He says.

"I miss you too." I reply. "We've been on and off trains for the past few days, and we've finding somewhere to camp out for the night. I'll call you when we do."

"Okay. I love you." He says.

"I love you too." I say, then the line goes dead as the money runs out. I come out of the phone box, and Jughead and Archie are talking, waiting for me.

"It would be nice to stop looking over my shoulder." I hear Archie say. I put my backpack back on my back.

"Come on, let's go." I say, and we start walking down the road.

"Just find somewhere to settle, you know?" Archie says.

"We will." Jughead responds. "When we find the right place, we'll know. We'll feel it."

"Or maybe we're already there." Archie replies, stopping in his tracks. He's looking over at a large farm, with a bright red barn.

"Nice try." Jughead scoffs, walking ahead. "Let's get a couple more miles in before nightfall."

"Come on, Jug. We gotta bunk somewhere." Archie points out. He then shrugs his shoulders before walking towards the farm.

Jug and I followed him, and I stopped before just walking in.

"You guys go ahead, I'll stay here." I tell them. They nod, before walking in. I'm looking around the scenery when I hear a cock of a gun.

I turn around, and see a little girl pointing a gun at them. I knew this was a bad idea.

"You're trespassing." The girl says. "Now let's see you do a little turn, nice and slow."

The boys drop their bags on the ground, before slowly turning to face her. An older girl, about our age, probably her older sister, walks to stand about 6 feet behind them.

"Who are you?" The older girl asks.

"I'm Cal. This is Biff." Jughead answers. Of all the fake names, that's what they choose? "From Centerville."

The older girl steps forward to stand next to her sister.

"I don't like liars. Shoot 'em, Gracie." The older girl says. Oh shit. I pull the gun that I happened to be carrying in the waistband of my jeans, and point it at the older girl.

"I think the fuck not." I say. The two girls turn around. I'm now standing in the place the older girl was standing before. "She shoots them. And I shoot both of you."

"All of you, stop." Archie says. The two girls look back at him. "We were robbed on a train. They took all our money, we've been walking for days. Just-- We're looking for some food and some water and we'll be on our way."