||TWO - POOL PARTY||

Jayda's POV

I went into our trailer, and into my room, where I picked out my outfit. I put on my black bikini, and put a pair of jean shorts over the top, so it would be easier to ride my bike. I then got a pair of sunglasses and placed them on my head.

I chose to wear a bikini to show off the new tattoo I'd gotten on my ribs

I chose to wear a bikini to show off the new tattoo I'd gotten on my ribs. It was the Serpent symbol, but in a larger form, on my rib cage.

I thought it would take the attention off of my scar.

I came out of the trailer, and was greeted by Jughead, Archie and Sweet Pea waiting for me.

"Whoa." Sweet Pea commented on my outfit, and his comment earned him a slap on the back of the head from Jughead. I laughed, lightly.

"You guys ready?" I asked them. They all nodded. We all drove over to Cheryl's pool party on our bikes. Archie rode on the back of Jughead's, and it was a quite funny sight, I must admit.

"How was your first motorcycle ride?" I asked Archie, as we climbed off of the bikes.

"Scary." He answered, and we all laughed at him.

The party was in full swing when we arrived. The entire school was there. Everyone was dancing, drinking, in the pool, or making out. That was about it.

Sweet Pea and I sat on the edge of the pool, dangling our feet in the water.

"Hey, Jay, I never thought I'd say this, but I'm kind of excited for school to start back up." Sweet Pea spoke.

"Really?" I questioned. "Never thought I'd live to see this day." 

"Well, it's mostly because I get to see you in the halls everyday." He continued.

"So cheesy." I commented, laughing at him. He moved his hand up my thigh, and I leaned in and kissed him. 

We broke away when Fangs came running over, calling my name. Fangs looked anxious. I stood up.

"What's up?" I asked him.

"It's the Ghoulies, Jay. Those bastards have Hot Dog." Fangs told me.

"Gather up all the Serpents that are here, and tell them to meet me in the pool house." I instructed. "Okay." Fangs nodded and ran off again.

-----

"Are you absolutely sure this was Hot Dog?" I asked Fangs, when we were all gathered in the pool house.

"Hundred percent, Jay. They must've snatched him on Riot Night." Fangs explained. "He looked skinny. I don't think the Ghoulies are feeding him enough."

"Well, we're lucky those animals aren't slow-roasting him on a grill." Sweet Pea chimed in.

"What do we do, Jay?" Toni asked me.

"We'd be going behind enemy lines, outnumbered, open to attack from all directions, and risking another gang war." I stated. "No Serpent left behind, right? That includes our spirit animal."

"Okay." Jughead sighed.

"We're gonna deploy after dark. It's going to be a stealth mission. It's gonna be quick." I continued.

"Jug, last time you went into Ghoulie territory, you were beaten to within an inch of your life." Betty sounded. 

"He'll have backup this time." Cheryl defended.

"And, we're gonna be quick this time. They won't even know we were there." Jughead explained.

"Okay, well then I'm coming with you." Betty demanded.

"No." Jughead argued.

"No. Don't you dare tell me that it's too dangerous, Jug." Betty snapped. "The Serpent Queen is a warrior queen."

"I know Betty, you didn't have to tell me." I commented. She seriously thought she was Serpent Queen?

"What I'm trying to say is, if Jug's on the frontline, so am I." She demanded.

"Okay." Jughead agreed.

"Let's bring Hot Dog home, shall we?" I announced. 

-----

We waited in the back of Sweet Pea's truck, waiting for the perfect time to go and get Hot Dog. We could see him in the field, but we needed to wait.

"It's been an hour, and no sign of anyone." Toni announced.

"All right. Sweet Pea?" I said. "You guys keep lookout." I grabbed a pair of bolt cutters, and approached the gate. Jughead was close behind me.

"Hey. Hey, bud. Hey." I cooed to the dog. "Let's get you out of here." I broke the chain, and then the flood lights came on.

"Hiya, Jonesy. Ah, we got both of you. Welcome back to the Southside." Penny announced. I sighed, and dropped the bolt cutters onto the ground.

"I thought this mangy mutt might get you to show up." Penny continued. The Ghoulies started to block us off from going any further. "We need to talk."

"No, we don't, Penny." I told her. "We're here for the dog."

"If you didn't want trouble, why have you been sending spies all summer, trying to get in our business?" Penny asked. "Back off. Unless you want a replay of Riot Night." 

"Yeah. I've been sending scouts. I was looking for Hot Dog." I stated. "And, know that I got him we're good." I turned away, and started to walk away from them, and towards the car.

"Not so fast." Penny demanded. "Your jackets. The Southside isn't yours anymore. That means you're no longer the Southside Serpents."

"Really, Penny? A jacket?" Jughead sighed.

"We could always take it off your limp, dead body." Penny said, and moved closer to Jughead. "I also heard Ponytail's a Serpent now, your Northside queen. Maybe we'll go after her next. I see Jake didn't do a good job killing you, Jayda. You're still here. Maybe we could do a better job."

"All right, Penny, you can have the jackets. As long as you  and you and your Ghoulies stay out of the Northside." I told them.

"Oh, you don't get to make demands--" Malachai said, stepping towards me. But, he was cut off by Cheryl firing an arrow into his soldier.

"Cheryl!" I exclaimed, looking back at her.

"Told you I was in the mood for some hell-raising." she responded, aiming her next arrow.

"That's it. Kill them all." Penny demanded.

"Cheryl, aim your next arrow in between Penny's eyes." I instructed. Penny put her hand up to stop the Ghoulies. "If you and your Ghoulies take one more step, she's gonna release that arrow. Cheryl doesn't miss."

They paused. "Congratulations, you just made the Northside fair game." Penny told us. I waited a second, then picked up the chain that was attached to Hot Dog. He started walking towards the truck, and climbed into it.

"See you soon, Jonesy. Either one of you, I don't care." Penny called out. 

"Are you okay? Did they hurt you?" Sweet Pea asked me, pulling me into a hug.

"I'm fine." I replied.

"Ah, Sweets has gone soft." Fangs commented. Sweet Pea looked over at him and sent a death glare.

"Come on. We need to go." I said. I climbed into the passenger seat, and Sweet Pea drove us away.

Cheryl kept her arrow notched until they were out of sight.