~ you don't seem like one to quit until a case is finished ~

'I never loose, either I win or I learn,'

My breath came out ragged as I leaned against the bars counter.

I'd came in from the back, and ran all the way up here, glad that the only one still here this late was Brandon, even though the club was closed.

Brandon takes a deep breath, setting down the cup he was drying and walked towards me.

"What's wrong Sofi?" he asks, pulling me into his arms.

He was the only person who called me by a shortened version of my middle name, and he liked that fact.

I lean into his embrace, trying to calm my breathing, "Brandon," I whisper, already regretting what I was about to tell him.

"Ya, yes, jesus Tate breathe, what's wrong?" he asks quietly, rubbing my arm.

I take a deep breath, "Just don't hate me, please," I mumble, pulling away from him, hopping up on the counter.

"Never." He mumbles leaning against the bar, giving me a questioning look.

We sit in silence for a couple seconds well I try to get up the nerve to tell him.

I was scared he would hate me but I knew he wouldn't, it was like a battle of logic and fear.

His look never wavered, and my breath got caught in my throat.

"I'm an escort," I spit out, my words fast and right to the point.

Silence covers the club, as I sat there, arms wrapped tightly around myself as if to protect me from getting hurt.

Brandon face turns blank, his eyes slightly wide, then he gapes, trying to find something to say, "Okay," was the only word that fell from his mouth.

His shocked face contorted into one of slight hurt making me let out a sigh, "Look, Brand-"

"Why didn't you tell me?" he asks, cutting me off.

His face was blank still but I could tell he was hurt from the slight twitch from his left eye.

"I knew you would try to fix it, you've already done so much, I needed the money and this wasn't your problem," I say, looking up at him, as he now stood in front of me.

Brandon shakes his head, "Your damn right I would try to fix it, Sofi," he pauses letting out a sigh, "I promised your brother if anything ever happened to him I would take care of you guys, Sof, all you had to do was ask," he says, placing his hands on my thighs, looking down out me.

I let out a sharp breath, "I know," I whisper, pausing, "I know,"

He slightly grips my thighs with his hands, a conflicted look on his face, "Then why Tatum, why would you not ask for help, for money, why didn't you ask?"