~ tate, please, tatum sounds so official ~

~ the shit you hear about me might be true, then again, it might be as fake as the bitch who told you ~

"It would be good for you Tate, as much as I love you, how long am I supposed to pretend that you don't have two BA's in chemistry and engineering, and 4 PhD's in criminal justice, criminology, psychology, and Data analysis, Tatum your a genius staying in high school to be with your siblings," Mr. Kyler says, leaning against his desk.

Are we really having this conversation again.

I took a job for the government already, and look were its got me.

Nightmares every night, and the fear that at any moment the people they made me go after, will come after me.

I was 15 and they put me in that position until they got what they wanted.

I'm not doing that to myself again.

I let out a sigh, "Mr. Kyler, I respect you so much, but if you insinuate that I will try for this internship one more time no one will find your body for another 100 years, we both know I'm capable of making that happen," I say in a overly sweet voice.

"Tate-" he gets interrupted when the classroom door opens.

Eli stumbles back a bit when seeing us, "Oh shit, did I interrupt something," he asks, wide eyes.

It was after school, but come on, that doesn't mean I can't talk to my teacher. 

I roll my eyes and give him a sarcastic smile, "We're not having an affair Eli, cute, but wrong,"

If possible, his eyes get wider, "I-I wasn't, no it," he stumbles, almost pleadingly.

This kid is way to easy to read.

"Shut it Eli, god you act like I'm holding a gun to your head," I joke, saluting Mr. Kyler, and walking past Eli, patting his back.

As soon as the classroom door shuts behind me I let out a breathe, already pulling out my phone to call Tessa.

Listening to the ringing, I lean against some lockers, waiting for Tess to answer her phone.

'Hello?' she questions.

'Hey Tess, are you free this evening?' I ask, crossing my fingers.

'Ya sis, what do you need?'

I sigh, really hating the fact that I can't let my sister be a kid, instead she has to act like an adult almost all the time.

'I'm working at the club tonight, late, after the restaurant, is there a place you and Taylor can stay?'

She's quiet for a few seconds, probably wondering why- 'Why can't we just go home?' she asks, making me shake my head at how predictable she can be sometimes.