7. We All Die. You Either Kill Yourself Or Get Killed.

The English class was boring. We've been talking about the same book for weeks now. Only this one book. Nothing else. Discussing about the same characters over and over again. However, we only have a chapter left so, if my math is correct, today's the last day we're gonna talk about this crap.

There were 10 minutes left before Mr. Urine closed his book and put it on his table, which he was sitting on.

"Alright, everyone. We're done with The Great Gatsby. Meaning," he said and turned his back and took a stack of papers. "New project. Now. We're 26 so I want 13 groups of 2. I want you to write a poem and present it to the class. It can be in the form of a song, rap, opera, theatre, etc. You have four weeks, so if you come and read the poem without any originality, don't expect me to make you pass."

Whispers filled the classroom. Everyone was looking at their friends deciding who is with who. I turned to Ryan, he looked at me and nodded. I gave him a thumbs up and turned back to the way I was before. However, I felt a tap on my shoulder, turned and saw Gerard looking at me.

"So Pete and Josh are together and I'm stuck with Brendon again. He's the laziest partner I've ever seen, and faith always puts us together. I kinda got bored of being with him for every projects. I was wondering if you wanted to be with me, and whoever's with you can be with Bren." He said.

I turned to Ryan and saw him smile. I was about to say 'no' since I didn't want to let Ryan down, but of course, Ryan wants to be with Brendon. I turned back to Gerard and said, "sure" with a smile. Everyone's attention went back to Mr. Urine when he started talking again.

"We have 10 minutes left for this lesson. I want you to get with your partner and decide when and where you're going to meet to work on the project. I'll give you time in class too, but it's not gonna be enough. I'll give you this document that'll help you plan your poem. It's your choice to use it or not." He said and started disrupting the papers. The class fled with chattering. I turned my chair to face Gerard and we both started discussing the project.

"We can meet at the library, after school. I'm free everyday. Not today though. I have detention." I said. I wanted to invite him to my house but I don't feel like cleaning up my room. When Tyler, Ryan or Patrick come over, I don't care about the mess because we all are pretty much the same messy shit. Tyler is the most organized out of all four of us and still, his room looks like it witnessed wold's biggest tornado. Imagine mine and the others... Anyways, back to the story.

"Nah, I don't feel like staying an extra hour in this hell-hole. You can come over mine if you want." He said.

"Alright," I said before we heard the bell. "See you tomorrow then."

"See ya." He said with a smile and left the class.

I packed my things and did the same. I went straight to the detention class. Only Mr. Armstrong was there. He was sitting on his chair, grading last week's exams. Great... I'm the only one in detention today, meaning awkward times with a teacher.

"Start cleaning this classroom. You can leave whenever you're done." He said, his eyes still on the exams. I sighed and did what I was told. Halfway through my work, he spoke again. "So how old are you Frank?"

"Became 18 last week," I answered while moping the floor.

"So you know what's really going on in this town. Welcome to the real world." He said. I stopped mopping and looked at him confused. He raised an eyebrow before I got what he meant.

"Oh... Thanks?" I said unsure of my answer. He's a hunter too. I remember my parents mentioning the Armstrongs in the small Hunter list, but I guess I never thought my math teacher would be a hunter.