Denial and a week to her party.

Start from the beginning

But it wasn't just that. A video call would clearly show anyone, and not just Tony, the assault of emotions going on within me.

Mind you, my face was like a literal open book.

I stared at the message for far too long that he sent another one asking whether I was still there.

I quickly replied with a yes.

Tony: So what do you say then? Video call or video call  😁😁😊

Me: You do realize you're giving me no options here😥😡

Tony: Eggzactly

Me: *blows a raspberry* whatever

Then my screen changed from our chat page to one of a video call.

I swiped up and accepted the call, and at once I was staring at Tony's face, his nose looking extra large from being too close to his phone and his teeth seeming to cover up the entire screen from his smile.

I giggled at how ridiculous his face looked.

"Pull your phone away from your face, mister. You look hideous." I drawled the last part.

"Ouch." He flinched suddenly, placing a hand over his chest and scrunching up his face. "Damn, it hurts."

"What hurts? Your heart?" I asked, genuinely alarmed.

Did he have a heart condition?

"Yeah." His eyes were squeezed shut.

"Uh, okay, uh, j-just see if you can take in a deep breath, Tony. How bad does it hurt?" I try to stay calm.

"Real bad. It feels like it's...broken."

I blinked. "Broken?"

Suddenly, he burst out laughing.

"God, you actually thought I was serious?!" he wheezed in between laughs. "Oh my God, that look on your face was so epic. Perfect meme look!"

"Ha ha, very funny." I rolled my eyes. "So what now? You feel accomplished, don't you?"

"You bet. I feel like all my life's goals have been achieved," he grinned.

"And what are these goals, if I may ask." I get up from my table and walk over to my bed, then I plop down on it, belly first, my feet up in the air, swinging back and forth.

"Do you really wanna know?" he raised his eyebrows.

"Yep." I drawled and popped the 'p'.

"Okay then." He rolled off his bed and sat on the floor, leaning his back against the bed. "For starters—"

Suddenly, a voice cut him short and he looked away from me and at something—someone—I couldn't see.

"It's on top of the fridge, Izzy!" He yelled.

Then he looked back at me and sighed. "Sorry about that, my sister's just so..."

"Annoying?" I completed for him. "Tell me about it. Back at home I have two sisters, and, yes they can be the sweetest things ever, but believe me when I tell you this..."

I pause for effect then continue.

"They. Can. Be. Devils."

He chuckled. "Wow, to subject them to that...jeez."

I laughed.

We talked on for almost fifteen minutes before I remembered the surprise party Brian was going to throw for Chelsea, and I decided to ask Tony to it.

"You remember Chelsea right?" I raised my eyebrows.

"Chelsea Levison? Yeah, sure." He nodded.

"So, her birthday's next week, Saturday, and her guy's hosting a party for her, but it's a like secret for now, so...it goes without saying that you shouldn't, in any way, let her know about it, right?"

He nodded.

"Right. So, I was thinking, if you'd be there, it'd be nice, you know," I said.

Sabrina! It'd be nice? Where had that come from?!

"On Saturday?" he furrowed his eyebrows.

"Yes. Next week," I replied.

"Aw, why does it have to be Saturday?" He groaned.

"Why not?"

"I have to be somewhere by Saturday and it's really really important," he ran his pointer finger over his left eyebrow.

"Oh."

"But you know what? Sure. I think I can make it. Is it a night party?" he asked.

I nodded.

He hesitated this time.

"Uh, sure," he said finally.

I could hear the uncertainty in his voice.

"Tony," I began. "If you really have to be somewhere then it's okay. I don't mind."

"But—"

"Butts are for sitting on." I cut in.

He laughed. "Alright. If it's okay with you."

"It is," I smiled.

By the time 10:50 struck, the video call ended, although, honestly I think it'd have lasted a lot longer if not that Tony said he had something to do.

I sighed and pushed my phone away from me, then buried my face in my pillow.

And then I did the only thing I could at that moment.

I screamed into the pillow.

For good two minutes, I screamed, hoping that all I felt for Tony would be washed away with the scream.

Sad, pitiful, hopeless me.

When I realized just how stupid I was being, I raised my head of my pillow and stood up from my bed. Adjusting my nightie, I headed to Chelsea's room.

When I got there, I knocked on her door, then pushed it open without waiting for an answer.

She looked up from her phone and at me.

"I think I have a problem." I told her, standing at the doorway.

"What is it?" She set her phone aside and gazed at me.

"I think," I began then paused.

"What is it, Sabrina?" she raised her eyebrows expectantly.

I took in a deep breath and let it out.

"I think I like Tony Lanre."

_____________________________________________________

Ouuuu someone's got a crush huh?

The climax is almost here! Sabrina's reason for attempting suicide.

But in the mean time, why don't you just sit back ND have some popcorn...

Stupid, I know.

Alright bye,

Thea🐩