James Adebayo (2)

This chapter is dedicated to Innocentia_muna for being a sweet friend and a lovely reader. You can check out her book, Come Back Home. It's really good😉😉

                                 ----

I woke up with a start, gasping and flailing my arms involuntarily.

"Hey, hey, Sabrina, relax."

A pair of hands wrapped around my shoulder.

"Relax. It's just me, James."

I looked up to see James sitting over me, worry evident on his face.

"James?"

My head felt foggy. I couldn't think straight.

"What happened? How are you here right now?"

I looked around.

"Where am I?" I sat up from the bed.

"Just, relax, Sabrina. We're in my lodge. I would've taken you to your lodge, but I don't know where it's located and you passed out right in front of my car, so, my only option was to bring you here. Whatever you're thinking, it's not," he replied quickly.

"You're the one with the red car," I murmured, the memories coming back to me in a flash.

"Yeah," he sighed. "What happened back there, Sabrina?"

The fogginess began to clear up.

"You helped me." I fixed my gaze on him. "Why?

"Why? You were right in front of my car, drenched from head to toe and crying, looking like you'd seen a ghost. Why wouldn't I help you?" He raised his eyebrows.

"After all I—"

Suddenly, my stomach lurched and bile rose to my throat. I clasped my hand to my mouth to prevent myself from throwing up right there in front of him.

Pushing the bedcovers off me, I stood up.

"Toilet." I managed to get out.

"Oh." He stood up from the bed immediately.

"Come." He took my free hand and pulled me to a small room outside his bedroom.

As soon as he shut the door, I stumbled up to the sink and threw up.

I retched, gagged and coughed until I felt at ease with my stomach, then I rinsed my mouth with the mouthwasher that had been placed on top of the cabinet above the sink, washing my hands as well.

After taking in several deep breaths to steady my weak, shaky legs, I trudged to the door, pulled it open and stepped out.

James was leaning beside the door.

"Are you okay?"

I looked at him.

Under normal circumstances, I would've replied with a sassy comment, but I just nodded and walked back to the bedroom.

James followed behind me.

When I sat down on the bed, he settled down next to me.

"Do you want to talk about it?" he asked.

I shook my head no.

"Okay. It's cool," he shrugged. "I have to go, have some stuff to do, if you're feeling okay."

"There were some guys," I spoke up finally, just as he stood up to go.

He sat down back.

"I was going back to my lodge and then there were some guys and they...they—"