Vi - Mr. J

We reach the safe house before dawn, the deepest of night still surrounding us as we pull into the private property. Richard gets out first, by the time I have my door open, he's already helping me out, "How is it?" He questions, waiting for me to put weight on the burn.

I go to stand properly but the pain turns from throbbing to searing in an instant, making me jerk my leg back up, "Yeah, walking is not a thing I can do right now." I admit sheepishly.

Richard sighs, looking at my hopping state, "We'll get ice as soon as we get inside," He assures me, carefully picking me up and shutting the car door with his foot as we walk towards the entrance.

I put one arm around his neck and use the other to buzz into the place, then opening the door for us to walk through and scanning my eyes for the elevator. Once we get in I move, "Okay, you can put me down now," I tell him, "I can hop around for a while."

My partner simply shakes his head, lifting me a little higher to make his point, "No way."

It seems rather pointless to argue as the elevator dings, the doors opening and we walk out into the space, immediately our comrades stand as they see me being carried, "Are you okay?!" Rachel immediately shows concern, moving off the couch and almost guiding Richard to the spot she was once in.

I brush it off, "I'm fine. Gar," I look up at the nervous green haired boy, "Can you please get some ice and wrap it in a towel for me?" I ask politely. He nods and scampers off without a second thought. I look at Richard, "Get the stuff?" He gives me one last check before doing as I ask. I then look at the magenta haired woman, "Could you maybe bring the coffee table closer, I need get a look at this burn."

Kory moves the table closer to where I'm sitting so I can prop my foot up on it. I reach over and try and take the boot from my suit off,  as the fabric brushes against the burn, I hiss. Rachel's eyes widen in more worry as I let out the pained noise, "Can I help?" She instantly asks, placing a comforting hand on my shoulder.

"I need this thing off," I motion to the boot. Rachel hesitantly leans over to grasp the material of the boot, tugging it down slightly.

I give a muffled groan and she lets go quickly, "I'm sorry!" She rushes out, putting her hands up in defence.

I take a deep breath as the pain subsides, "It's okay. I need you to pull it off as quick as you can okay? Don't worry about it hurting." I assure her.

She gives me an uneasy glance and nods, as Gar comes back with the ice and towel, Rachel rips the boot off my foot. I grit my teeth to muffle a scream and instead lean my head back and grit out, "Fucking hell." I pant a little and reach out to Gar, "Here, gimme that." I take it from him, "Thanks." I place it on the injury and sigh at the little relief it's already bringing me.

Richard returns a few moments later, "I brought stuff to patch you up." He informs me, throwing some rubbing alcohol, burn gel and a roll bandage beside me, "Let me see it," He instructs, gently moving Rachel and Gar out of the way before prying my hand off the makeshift ice pack and moving it to get a better look at the damage.

"What happened to it?" Gar asks, sitting beside me on the couch.

I shake my head, "Acid. No big deal," I brush off, not wanting to get into the whole thing right now.

Richard scoffs, "Ave-"

I cut him off, not wanting to worry anyone more than they already are, "I'm okay. It's not that bad, right?" I question him, raising an eyebrow, letting him know to lie if it is.

He look me in the eyes then back down to my foot, "You got lucky, like, really lucky." He informs me, motioning for me to grab the supplies he had set out, "But this is still going to hurt like a bitch."