i - Hawk and Dove

I flick through some files, filling some of them in as Dick drives for what seems like hours, "You know you'll burn out if you don't take a break," He comments from the driver's seat. I can feel his scolding gaze on me as he talks. He always had a thing about me working so much. I always thought it made him feel like he wasn't doing enough.

I scoff, "Dick Grayson telling someone to work less? How hypocritical," I call him out, never once looking up from the documents in front of me.

"So what do you do?" Rachel asks, peaking her head over my shoulder to see what I'm reading. It's mostly spreadsheets and diagrams but she still mutters some of the words under her breath as she reads over clients names and amounts.

I glance at her and then point to different things on the paper, "I take money from the rich to give to people that protect the city. Some of it goes to the police, some the fire service, doctors-"

Dick cuts me off, "Since when has that money went to anything other than the rich?" He asks, distaste for my work clear in his tone.

I roll my eyes, "Since I took over headquarters. No more charity balls, thank god." I mutter the last part, earning a small chuckle from the man beside me.

"Wait you took over? So you're like the boss?" Rachel asks, slight excitement in her voice. It's honestly the happiest she's sounded.

I give a small smug grin, "I mean I'm not the boss. But I'm going to be in a few years, mid to late thirties probably. I decided to make some changes now rather than waiting. Besides, Gotham's crime rate has always been insane so I decided to put money towards the services that can lower it, and I managed to cut it in half." I say, closing over my file and handing the folder to Rachel to put beside her, "Can we grab something to eat? You made me miss lunch," I ask the driver, giving a slight pout. I glance at the clock and see I was actually right, I've had my head in those files for hours.

Richard sighs, "We shouldn't make too many stops," He glances at my expression, caving almost immediately, "So you're lucky I need gas."

I grin devilishly as the three of us decide to stop off at a dinky diner beside a gas station. I sit beside him in the booth while Rachel sits across from us, a glare everpresent on her porcelain features. A waitress starts pouring Richard a coffee, "Thank you," He smiles at her before turning to Rachel, "Do you want a hot chocolate or something?" He asks her, the tone of his voice making me sigh. It's clear from the lack of communication in the car towards each other that these two aren't getting along. I don't think treating her like a kid is going to help.

I mentally curse him for his attitude towards the teen as she replies, "Just coffee. Black."

Nevertheless, the Detective doesn't give up, "I bet they have marshmallows," He attempts to persuade

Nevertheless, the Detective doesn't give up, "I bet they have marshmallows," He attempts to persuade. I inwardly groan at him.

"I'm not a kid, okay?" Rachel lightly snaps at him, I give her a little smirk and a 'well done' nod.