iii Dr. Light

We all gather together to hear the news. Jason and Gar had found out everything we needed to know about our new house guest Rose, "That's Rose's father?"

I cross my arms over my chest as I answer, "Yep. The one and only Deathstroke." I state, already having a bad feeling about this unlikely coincidence.

"Is that somebody you know?" Rachel asks, noticing my tense stance as she glances at me.

I give a small shrug, "Kind of. Old Titans business." I don't go into details. Instead, I turn to Gar who is at the main chair, "What you got?"

He gets a small smile as he turns back to the computer, "Check it. Former Delta Force commando, part of H.I.V.E. Select soldiers who underwent a series of experimental bio-enhancements. Huh. Out of the 35 trial subjects, the only one to survive was Slade Wilson. INTERPOL says he retired years ago after the death of his son, Jericho. I tried having the computer find-"

The green haired boy is cut off by Richard, "I'll take it from here."

Before he can say anything else, the intercom sounds an alarm "Security alert. Main entrance. Access denied."

I pull up the screen next to me and see Hank, Dawn and Donna looking at the camera at the front door, "So I guess you changed the code." Donna states sarcastically.

Rachel smiles at the trio, "Finally." She whispers, running off to open the door for them.

I get changed before I head down to meet the titans.

Everyone is greeted with hugs as we welcome the three back into their old home, "You guys have no idea how much this place misses you

Everyone is greeted with hugs as we welcome the three back into their old home, "You guys have no idea how much this place misses you." Rachel tells them as she envelopes Dawn in a hug.

"This place, huh?" Dawn asks quizzically.

Rachel laughs, "Mostly just me and Avery." She replies as I give Dawn her hug.

Gar chimes in from beside me, "And me too." He gives her a hug as well.

I turn to Donna as I notice the obvious elephant in the room, "So where's Kory?"

"She sort of vanished."

I don't like that answer, "What do you mean by vanished?" I question her further.

She shakes her head, "I don't know. She's not answering her phone. But, you know, she mentioned she wanted to see Florida. So, I just figured she made an Irish exit and took a quick little trip."

I nod my head and take it. Kory would be the type to take a chance to go somewhere. It's a little strange for her not to tell anyone, even Rachel.

Richard stands in front of his old friends with his arms crossed, "Were you followed?"

"We shell gamed before we knocked. Covered our tracks." Hank answers, he knows how all this works and honestly doesn't look to pleased to be back here. None of them do. Can't say I blame them.