V - Robin 2.0

I twirl the keys in my hand as I lead the two Robins towards the car. They were dragging an unconscious Dr Adamson behind them. "Man, dude looks dead." Jason grunts, motioning for me to open the trunk.

Richard simply disagrees with the newcomer, "Trust me. There's a difference between dead and knocked out."

They shove him into the trunk and I close it for them. Jason wipes off his hands and beams, "This is awesome! Two Robins and the Bluebird, back in action," He fist bumps the air in his excitement and holds his hand up for a fist bump. Richard just stares at his hand while I roll my eyes and give him one with a small smile. As annoying as he is, I kind of missed this kid.

"Who the hell are you?" Dick asks the younger vigilante.

"Jason Todd. The new Robin." The kid smiles proudly at his predecessor.

Richard looks at me with a raised eyebrow, I don't meet his gaze, "Robin...right."

Jason seems to get Dick's attention off me, "Hey, seriously, man, it's an honor to meet you. Avery's told me a lot about you," He runs his mouth. I slightly wince at his words as I hear my partner sigh.

"Oh she did?"

Jay doesn't seem to notice Richard's tone and continues, "Yeah, dude you're like all she talks about. She makes you out to be a total badass hero. I always wondered what this moment was gonna be like, never thought that when it happened I'd be saving your lives," The kid smirks.

Dick turns his complete attention to me now, "So, there's a new Robin, eh?" He asks me.

I go to explain but Jason cuts me off and beats me to it, "Yours truly. In the flesh."

I switch the topic pretty quick, hating the rising tension, "Does Bruce know you're here? Because I thought you were on house arrest," I question him, knowing Jason is a completely loose cannon.

He chuckles, "Of course. He wants to know when you plan on coming back. You also have no idea how much I've been dying to meet him," He motions to his predecessor, "Pick his brain, catch a couple of pointers, he's all, 'Go for it, bro'... Oh! Let me grab my case and clothes. I'll be right back." He runs off before either of us can stop him.

Richard sighs from beside me, "How could you not tell me?"

Damn, I'm in trouble, "Well, I didn't exactly have a way to tell you... Besides, him being Robin is- well... It's a new development, I was still training him and I didn't know he was going to end up being your replacement." I try and make Richard see my side of the whole thing. It clearly wasn't working.

He held his hand out, "How did you even find that kid?"

I think back to the moment.

12 months ago

I walk back to the bat mobile after taking out a few drugged up thugs. Bruce sent me out on a small side run while he takes care of Ivy on the other side of the city. I forgot how draining doing these things alone could be.

What I see when I approach the vehicle completely stops me in my tracks, "Hey kid! What the hell do you think you're doing?!" I yell at the boy, seeing him crouched down with a bunch of tools laid out beside him.

He jumps and turns around in shock at my presence, he takes in my appearance and his eyes grow wide, "Holy shit you're-"

"The person you're trying to steal from." I finish for him, crossing my arms over my chest, looking over his bad handiwork, "They ain't worth much kid, titanium alloys don't sell for a lot."